fertilizer recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fertilizer recommendations

do y'all have any fertilizer recommendations?  I have not been adding anything since the tank was set up (8months +/-) and I think that the plants are starting to feel it.  I have heard of Ferro-Vit (sic?) as an iron suppliment. Good/bad?  Also any preferances on a general fertilizer?

As always,  Thanks.

G

Re: fertilizer recommendations

Currently, I'm using the Seachem line of ferts. However, I'm still pretty confused about all the other methods, like PMDD and such. Not sure if I trust myself mixing dry ferts.  
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

I use the PMDD premix in the dry form. It also contains trace elements. Like mzungu, I don't like trying to make liquid fert. from it, so I add it dry directly to the tank. I get it from www.AquariumFertilizer.com. It's  Greg Watson's original mix, which as I understand it, he sold to AquariumFertilizer.com.

Mark
      What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

I tried the Fertz products because they were so easy to dose and I am pleased with the results so far.
        Brian

Comment

Oops, typo. It is Pfertz. www.Pfertz.com
          Brian

Comment

What kind of plants are you trying to grow?
            ADA mini-m planted
            ADA mini-m riparium
            ADA 30-C nano reef
            ADA 90-P community Tanganyikan
            ADA 120-p overflow Full reef in progress
            Eheim 90cm SA biotope
            110g Peacocks

Comment

Okay, I lied.  

I just got in the mail some dry ferts from Rex Grigg, and I'm going to embark on the PPS-Pro fertilizer regimen. I'm not sure now, after reading it, why I was so scared...I guess because I assumed it was difficult. But, apparently, you just mix a certain amount of dry ferts into 1000mL of distilled water, and mix another 1000mL of distilled water with your choice of micro (trace) fert mix, and then put 1mL of each mixture for every 10g of tank water per day. I can do this going out the door to work each morning. I'm starting tomorrow.  :)
              "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Did the fert come with directions for putting the dry product into solution? The PMDD didn't and adding it dry is so easy I didn't want to experiment with putting it into solution and possibly throwing my tank out of balance. I've bought many things for my CO2 system from Rex, so if his fert is easier, I may try his when my PMDD runs out.

Mark
                What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Working...
                X