What do you feed your Crays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you feed your Crays?

I have three crays and I've been feeding them some Algae Wafers. Although just recently (after a set up change) I've noticed neither of them will even touch the wafers. They're all acting somewhat lethargic, I checked the water and everything checked out. Maybe they've just lost their taste for the wafers? I've heard people feeding them kelp tablets and such. Any other suggestions? I'm a bit concerned about their behavior and lack of eating.
    Katamari Damacy...That's just how I roll...

Re: What do you feed your Crays?

Mine seem to like TetraMin Tropical Granules.  They used to eat wafers now, but wont anymore.  They sometimes like shrimp pellets, but sometimes not.  They seem awfully finicky for crayfish....   Oh BTW, they REALLY liked TetraMin Tablets (probably cause they're $$) too.

Sometimes I just put extra flake in there to make sure they get some.  I've found that if I don't eat for a few days, then when I do eat, even icky stuff tastes good.  I figure that works for fish and crays too....
    The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
    Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Comment

Well how about that, picky eaters. Figures, I'm a picky eater as well. Where do you find the TetraMin Tropical Granules? I also throw in extra fish flakes occasionally for them.
      Oh and another thing that occurred to me...
      The fish enjoy the algae wafers as well, and with the new hiding places I've created I often wonder if the crays are plotting to lure the fish in and then catch them.
      Katamari Damacy...That's just how I roll...

Comment

or maybe your crays have developed a taste for guppy and thats all they will ever eat from now on!  

Comment

Ours would eat anything that hit the sand.  Mostly shrimp pellets, but also Aquadine sinking sticks, and NLS Super Soft.  In addition to that, she would take out any little feeder fish that headed her direction.
          Our Fishhouse
          Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

I think they might need some animal protein along with the algae wafers.
            Mine eat tetrabits and Omega 1 sinking pellets.
            www.ventralfins.com

Comment

I get the TetraMin granules from petsmart.  Same with the tablets.  Of course they'll look at frozen bloodworms as a special treat too (doesn't nearly everything??!)  I"m going to order some earthworm pellets and see how they like those.  I need to get stuff in bulk for these guys - or get rid of a couple hundred of them.

Maybe I should order a bunch of cayenne pepper instead....8O
              The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
              Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Comment

Working...
              X