Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to what male of my Albino Red Snakeskin females?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to what male of my Albino Red Snakeskin females?

My male of this trio died a while back. They seem not to be holding his sperm, so its time for a new male!
    Endler
    0%
    Blue Pastel Albino
    0%

Re: What to what male of my Albino Red Snakeskin females?

What type of fish are these?
    Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
    Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
    Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

Before mixing I would wait to see if any albino red snakeskin males are available at the HAS auction next weekend.  Or you could pm Diego (villa1973) and see if he has any available.
      Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

Originally posted by wvgdiscus";p="
        What type of fish are these?
        Guppies.

Comment

Originally posted by szidlon";p="
          Before mixing I would wait to see if any albino red snakeskin males are available at the HAS auction next weekend.  Or you could pm Diego (villa1973) and see if he has any available.
          I have some fry from these females already from the correct male. So, I thought I give mixing a try, but I will wait for the weekend, see whats there. Thank.

Comment

I would get another from Diego as well.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

well if you ask me, i would say , i dont think anything good will come from the crosses, in the first one
              you just flat out are mixing diferent species, in the second one, you have neon blue wich is a mutation very complicated to
              keep breeding true, anything will come out of that cross.
              on the other hand, you already have babies of this male and believe me you are probably for a surprise on it.
              inside this line of bicolor snakes you have other snakes you will notice as their color up that some of your males are yellow snakes, and if properly combine with one specific female they will throw you 100 percent yellow snakes.
              well anyway coming back to the original question, i dont think i have at the  moment any of this red snakes albino males , but i do have the yellow ones and probably some will go to the auction.
              anyway have fun, and learn the genetics, of this strains is a lot of fun.
              keep this on mind, when you are working with highly inbred strain, if you cross two the result mostly of the time is
              lower quality fish. unless you are crossing compatible strains,for example red and yellow are compatible colors.

Comment

I wouldn't call the endlers mixing species. The are guppies. I'd think its more like an wild cross. I was leaning towards the endlers because it would give a challenge. I figured i couldn't ever get back the Neon or the snake skin if I crossed.

Comment

look there is a lot of discussion about that, if you have 20 endlers and 20 guppies watch them swim,you will see they behave diferent, for me its like mixing a ferrari and ford t for the 1900, but that is just me.

Comment

I would not mix them either.
                    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Villa: What else are you bringing up to the auction?

If we assume that endler are guppies, and I must choose one either them of the pastels, which one is more likely to produce a good fish? I'd expect the endlers would. At very least , it should look like an endler. The blue will probally look like a pet store guppy, yes?

Comment

well ed, is more likely in this case , for starters you are going to loose, the albino thing, second snake patern is dominant so you probably ended up, with some kind of endler w snake patern.
                        in case of the neon blue albino, you will probably loose the albino thing too, and i dont know what will happen in that case.
                        you probably ended up with some half black aoc and some half balck red , some neon blues and who knows what else.
                        i am bringing lots of paleatus corys, some mollies, neon blue albino, guppies , gold body red guppies,yellow albino guppies
                        one trio of albino platinum white tail guppies and one reverse trio of full white platimun albino, and many other guppies.

Comment

Damn! Now I want to go to the auction even more!

Comment

LOL. The board automatically changed the "M" to an "R" in damn.

Comment

well see you all there.

Comment

Working...
                              X