Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fronts with lemon yellows, red zebras and brachardis??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fronts with lemon yellows, red zebras and brachardis??

I have a 65 gallon with some lemon yellows, red zebras, and brachardis.  All are about 1-2" long.  I wanted to add a couple of frontosas that I saw at Petsmart that are about 1-2" long.  They are normally about $25, but are on sale for $12.50.  Will these fish do okay together?  Is this a good deal or should I wait until one of you guys breeds some for me so I can get a better deal?  THANKS IN ADVANCE!!  

Re: Fronts with lemon yellows, red zebras and brachardis??

you may want to read up some more on the frontosa end before buying them. These guys get really BIG and need alot of space to roam, even at 1" within a year you could have them at 6" depending on your mainenace routines. Go do some research at www.cyphos.com that way you can see all the variants (gallery section) and why these fish demand top dollar. Ive
    got 2 different variants that range from 4"-9" and know first hand of how fast these guys grow.
    Good Luck
    -C

Comment

they'll get along fine. frontosa are relatively docile fish. in the long run the fronts will outgrow the rest of the tank mates by far, so it's ideal to house them in a 6' tank.

Comment

I don't know what the Fronts look like at that particular Petsmart, but all the Fronts that I have seen from Petsmart look like they have been crossbred. By crossbred, I mean "two diffrent varients breed together".(ex. Burundi x Kigoma) The fish will probally be fine but may have traits from both varients. The ones that I saw look like Burundi, but the distinctive eye stripe was extremely short, not even passing the eye. If I were you, I would try to purchase the Fronts from someone who breeds Fronts. There is a member on this by the screenname of Mikeb14 who breeds Burundi and always has some fry. Also, you may want to think twice about addind Fronts to a tank with your selection of fish, because Fronts are kinda slow and passive, and aggressive fish will usually stress them out. I am not an expert by any means, just giving you my own experiences with Fronts.

Comment

I have a large 7" frontosa with some red zebras, lemon yellows and even some small 1" demasoni's in a 150 gallon. The frontosa has made a meal of any new small fish that I have tried to add.
          150G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
          125G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
          115G Tanganyikan

Comment

It will work for the time being.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
            X