Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions and or Tips Please

Fellow Boxers,

I'd like to get some of your suggestions and opinions on plugging up the holes in a Reef Ready tank. I have recently decided I would like to take a 110 Reef Ready tank and remove the inside overflows and plug up the four holes drilled in the bottom for the bulkheads and plumbing.

I figure the removal of the inside overflows should be fairly straight forward, but is there anything before I start the cutting of the silicone that I should be aware of?

And, what would you say would be the best way to plug the holes in the bottom glass panel?

All your tips and comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

CF
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Re: Suggestions and or Tips Please

We plugged the hole in a tank that we got from Mike when he opened his store and it was so much easier than I thought it would be.

We used a PVC screw and cap with a rubber washer.  It's been full of water and fish since then and has never leaked.
    Our Fishhouse
    Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

Steve...

IGG hit it on the nail.....

Comment

OH come on.....now that's wayyyyyyyyyy to easy....... :)

and to remove the inside overflow boxes, just remove the silicone and off they come?

Thanks....IGG/D

CF
        Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Removing the  overflow box is just that easy.

Comment

Working...
          X