Troph watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troph watching?

How long do you guys usually sit in front of your troph/petro tanks?

I find myself being late to work sometimes or get disappointed when the timer turns their lights off cause these guys are so jam packed with personality it's crazy! I have had my Ilangi's for over a year now and they still amaze me every time I look into the tank!

I spend about 3-4hr after work in the morning watching them and about 30-45mins watching them right before going to work....on weekends I like to just sit back and watch them if I don't have anything that must be taken care of.

I love trophs!
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Re: Troph watching?

Ditto on being late to work...

I never get enough time.  If I stay still too long, my kids or wife have a sensor implanted in me or something, they come looking for me.    :(
    Raul
    PokerFace

Comment

motion detector but the opposite? that sucks.....maybe you can setup a camera linked to the net so you can watch them while you're at work?

I thought about it
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

:think:    
        Raul
        PokerFace

Comment

I plan to get the aquacontroller3 when it comes out to monitor/control all my tanks and I'm tossing the idea of having a camera watch them....that way when I'm on vacation I can not only check the tank prameters, turn on/off pumps/heaters but also look at them!
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

LOL...Why not set it up to do water changes remotely?
            Raul
            PokerFace

Comment

Cause that is being lazy  

Honestly though I think that something like that has room for failure in which I don't want to chance with my fish....the other stuff has multiple "fail-safe" set-ups so I feel a bit more at ease with that.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I got 9-channels of Tropheus in my house, that's more than my TV has.

1-4 hours each day.
                380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
                300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
                180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
                150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

We finally just surrounded ourselves and the TV with Troph tanks so we can just sit on the couch (the one we have left) with our computers and stare at the fish.

So, about 6 hours a day
                  All men are created equal but his choices determine his value and what's in his heart determines his worth.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

Comment

He's not kidding...this is our living room.  :)  Wall to wall Trophs.  

Far Left - Nkonde
                    Far Right - Kachese
                    Right of TV - Duboisi

Our Fishhouse
                    Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

now that's what i call an entertainment/media room.....can i move in with ya'll....sheesh....lol....

Comment

Pack your bags Loretta!  However, aquarium cleaning/maintenance duties are required.  
                        Our Fishhouse

Comment

Originally posted by imagirlgeek";p="
                          He's not kidding...this is our living room.  :)  Wall to wall Trophs.  

Far Left - Nkonde
                          Far Right - Kachese
                          Right of TV - Duboisi

Have you all thought about just buying one large tank for all the trophs?

Comment

oh that's nothing major...i can do that easily.....no problemo.....lol......

Comment

Originally posted by delock";p="
                              Have you all thought about just buying one large tank for all the trophs?
                              No, not really.  We just got a 240, but it's full of Frontosa.  And we have a 210 that we call our 'prison tank'.  It's where the fish with attitude go.  

And I really like being surrounded by the Trophs.  I'm not sure anything over 150 would fit in the living room.   :)
                              Our Fishhouse

Comment

Working...
                              X