Club Activity Suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club Activity Suggestion

I know I asked to be removed from my position as Acitivity Director for the club, but I'd like to toss out into the forum here, an idea or two that could be considered by all who are interested in these topics of our hobby.

I would like to propose to the club, that we have a Question and Answer type of lecture given by a club member or guest on the topics of

The basic's of Planted Tanks

&

Different Types of Filter's and Filter Media

Please feel free to share some of your thoughts as to what you would like to see in the near future at a upcoming club meeting.  

Thanks

CF
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Re: Club Activity Suggestion

More on the Q&A part......

Maintenance routine
    Water aging buffering/additives
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Well if it where determined that the speaker would be given 45 minutes to speak about planted tanks, or filters or whatever, that the speaker would provide a certain portion of the 45 minutes to answering questions about the subject, either at the end of the presentation or throughout the entire presentation.

Again, it's up to the club members to add their input as to whether they want question and answer format or whatever?

It's like if you where to be selected to give a presentation of the basics of planted tanks, you would go over the basic needs and do's and dont's, and at some point, field questions from the club members who would like some additional information.

Make sense?

CF
      Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Thought we could revive this thread as its summer time and the weathers getting nice.

TEXAS STATE AQUARIUM at Corpus Christi.

Its $15 a person, theres discounts for large groups. Children 3-12 are $10, under 2s are free. All the info is on the website above. Im planning on going this year, just thought id throw the idea out as a clud activity. We could look into renting a minibus and splitting the cost.

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion Chris.
          Raul
          PokerFace

Comment

maybe we could see about getting a behind the scenes tour... that would be cool.

Comment

I hate to throw this in but Has does few of field trips & they do know some of the better ones to go to.
              Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
              Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
              Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center combines visitation and outdoor education with a production fish hatchery. Its mission is to provide an educational, entertaining visitor experience that promotes freshwater sport fishing and the enhancement, conservation and stewardship of aquatic resources in Texas.

I went a few years ago. Very interesting!

215g Malawi Peacocks and Mbuna
                180g Tropheus Ikola and Bemba and Clown Loaches
                58g Bristlenose breeding and grow out

Comment

Working...
                X