Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is GHAC having an Auction?

I just wanted to start the buzz.

Look out for info as it becomes available.

GHAC is planning to have a BIG auction sometime in May.

Date and Location TBA!

Raul
    PokerFace

Re: Is GHAC having an Auction?

If you are a GHAC Member and would be interested in being about of the Auction Committee, please contact me.
    Raul
    PokerFace

Comment

Just so you know...all the other Texas clubs (HAS, TCA, HLA, HCCC, TAKO, etc.) confer with each other before scheduling this sort of event so we don't step on each other's toes...just something to think about
      Charles Jones
      http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dems-i...unders-intent/

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
      Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

I dont want to start a big argument, but does that work both ways? Did HAS confer with the GHAC before the Spring Auction date was set? I honestly dont know, so im asking genuinely. Maybe the Spring auction date was selected before September 07, in which case nevermind.

Comment

Of course, all the other clubs are much older and established longer, as well as having many cross members...seems like a good idea not to inadvertantly compete.
          We are the NKs on the B, we haven't been having auctions 'til our last recent meeting...seems like a good plan to keep in touch with the other clubs.

Charles...join GHAC immediately!
          Working for a better Future for my Fish!

Sailfin Mollies, Plecos, Corys,, 1 lonely Jewel Cichlid

Comment

Originally posted by marauder_77868";p="
            Just so you know...all the other Texas clubs (HAS, TCA, HLA, HCCC, TAKO, etc.) confer with each other before scheduling this sort of event so we don't step on each other's toes...just something to think about
            We were considering having one in April, but since HAS is having one in March we are looking at May.  I had checked the FOTOS calendar and there is nothing scheduled in May.  I threw this thread out there so that others would be aware of our intentions and the date is not in stone yet.  

GHAC doesn't want to step on anyone's toes, but on the other side of that coin, we would like the same courtesy.  We are still in our infancy, but we are growing very fast.  

Charles I genuinely appreciate your advice.  I will be sending a request to join FOTAS soon and we will be using the calendar there.

Do the Officers of each club meet to discuss events in person or just email tag?  GHAC is planning to have a number of events this year.  I was thinking there could be one or two events that all the clubs would enjoy together.   :wink:
            Raul
            PokerFace

Comment

GHAC hasn't had a large event (an auction or convention...not a mini auction at a club meeting or such) to date...so, to my knowledge there has been nothing to schedule around...knowing that it will have large events such as this now, we will confer. Each of the Texas clubs has had a traditional month for its auctions through the years, so I was hoping that GHAC would be kind enough to bear the history in mind when scheduling. The HAS auction is what it is...I'm not worried about competition....just trying to keep everyone on good terms. What was September '07?
              Charles Jones

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
              Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

Thats the 'official' date for the start of the GHAC. Yes were young.

Comment

Generally we just chat at events or by email/phone.
                  Charles Jones

Comment

Originally posted by marauder_77868";p="
                    GHAC hasn't had a large event (an auction or convention...not a mini auction at a club meeting or such) to date...so, to my knowledge there has been nothing to schedule around...knowing that it will have large events such as this now, we will confer. Each of the Texas clubs has had a traditional month for its auctions through the years, so I was hoping that GHAC would be kind enough to bear the history in mind when scheduling. The HAS auction is what it is...I'm not worried about competition....just trying to keep everyone on good terms. What was September '07?
                    Charles,

GHAC will be respectful of the other clubs when scheduling a large event whenever possible.  I don't forsee any issues.  

As for the auction, I wasn't thinking about competition.  I was thinking that people would not be ready for another auction the following month.  I thought it would be better for everyone to wait another month.  

I'd love to sit down and talk to you one day soon.
                    Raul
                    PokerFace

Comment

Originally posted by Brownsnoutuk";p="
                      I dont want to start a big argument, but does that work both ways? Did HAS confer with the GHAC before the Spring Auction date was set? I honestly dont know, so im asking genuinely. Maybe the Spring auction date was selected before September 07, in which case nevermind.
                      8O  8O  8O SERIOUSLY???  8O  8O  8O

LOL that was about as subtle as a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.  

Ricky Bobby Quote: "But I said, with all do respect"

C'Mon, go read that again.  :signduh:

Really?
                      All men are created equal but his choices determine his value and what's in his heart determines his worth.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

Comment

Comment

Why not join one of the other big auctions as a club or something.....that way it combines the two to make one great auction?

Regardless of which or who's club I thought the main goal behind this was to gather with a bunch of fish junkies? I honestly think if all this mess becomes something of a grudge then it might be time to retire out of the scene. :?

I'm just gonna put it out there cause obviously some of us are holding back.....
                          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I asked about that too. I was told the problem was the differences between the clubs. HAS and HLA both charge 25% to sell items, the GHAC wants to only charge 10%. If we combined an auction, then everybody would jump ship their items to the GHAC, so they could keep more of the items sale price.

It would be cool if something could be worked out to have a giant auction with either the HAS or HLA.

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa";p="
                              Why not join one of the other big auctions as a club or something.....that way it combines the two to make one great auction?

Regardless of which or who's club I thought the main goal behind this was to gather with a bunch of fish junkies? I honestly think if all this mess becomes something of a grudge then it might be time to retire out of the scene. :?

I'm just gonna put it out there cause obviously some of us are holding back.....
                              That is a good suggestion EK.  I've talked to one of the another clubs about this, but never heard anything back.  I thought it would also help to give us experience we need working with another club that already have auctions.

I certainly do not want any issues between GHAC and any of the other Fish Clubs.  I have not said or done anything wrong.  We are however very excited and passionate about the club.  We just want the right to co-exist with the other clubs, nothing else.  We have the same goals.

In conclusion, I have no grudges towards HAS or any other club.
                              Raul
                              PokerFace

Comment

Working...
                              X