• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update on the order?

any?

Re: update on the order?

Everyone has paid.

The Fish are Due in on December 14th at 4:30PM at IAH, should arrive in College Station by about 7pm.

All DOA's are only covered for fish that go to Mikes for the first 24 hours.  

Seems to be a pretty good carpooling thing going on for January 5th for fish pickup.

Early pickup is December 28th, unless you make arrangment with Mike otherwise.

Mike had to import 1-1/4 boxes to make the full 15 boxes.

The Rockdig is on the 15th. I wil most likely at that time, get with Raul and draw the names from a hat for making the priority DOA list and acclimation deaths.  Hopefully we will not have any, but then again you never know..

That's about it...

Geoff
    380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
    300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
    180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
    150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

"The Rockdig is on the 15th. I wil most likely at that time, get with Raul and draw the names from a hat for making the priority DOA list and acclimation deaths. Hopefully we will not have any, but then again you never know.. "

???????

Comment

People asked how I was going to determine the DOA's on orders that had more than 1-buyer.  I said I would get with Raul and draw names from a hat.

What I will do is on all the boxes I will draw names from a hat.  Here is an example...

Box No.1 Ectodus Descampsii.  The box had Tim, Rob, Unsold, and myself in the box.

If 10 fish die in the first 24 hours, then whatever order I draw the names from a hat, will loose fish.  No one will loose 2 fish before all of us have lost 1 and so forth.  All the fish that die in the first 24 hours get full refund.

IF 10 more die during the 2-week acclimation, that same order will be followed.  Fish that die during the acclimation period, your just SOL.

In that box there were 22 unsold fish.  The 20 that died, each of us lost 5 fish.  So that means there are 15 availible for replacement or extra.  You buy those fish at (price+shipping)*sales tax.

So, Derek in your case you were the only buyer of Chipimbi, where you got 40 and 16 were unsold.  If 4 die during the 24 hour DOA period, you loose 2 and the unsold looses 2.  You get refunded 2 fish.  Then during the 2-week acclimation period, lets say another 3 die.  Whoever lost the last DOA, the next person in line looses the first and third fish.  Those deaths are not refunded, and if you want repalcement fish you have to buy them from Mike at (Fishlistprice+shippinngcost)*sales tax

Comment

damn man....you have too much time on your hand.

I hope I only lose 10 percent of less ..............

Comment

its one of those days...

Comment

I really dont think the Tropheus or Petrochromis will loose more than about 5 - 8 per box.

Its the other fish, that I am not sure of.  Mostly concerned there with temperature, and those the featherfin types are not real hardy at shipping times.

I guess that;s why they pack those fish 80 to a box.  I'm guessing, but they probably have 20% loss.  Once they are acclimated though, they are some of the most awesome fish you'll ever see.

Comment

Originally posted by geoff_tropheus";p="
                I really dont think the Tropheus or Petrochromis will loose more than about 5 - 8 per box.

Its the other fish, that I am not sure of.  Mostly concerned there with temperature, and those the featherfin types are not real hardy at shipping times.

I guess that;s why they pack those fish 80 to a box.  I'm guessing, but they probably have 20% loss.  Once they are acclimated though, they are some of the most awesome fish you'll ever see.

are you still going to give me a few of yours?

Comment

What fish is still left from the order. Are you guys shipping??

Thanks

Phung

Comment

Phung,

The order has been finalized and is going to be delivered from Africa this week. There are a number of fish that went unsold.  You need to contact Mike (bethesdaboy) about getting any of the unsold fish.  There are a very limited number of those, so if your interested I would act fast.

Derek,

I'll give you a few of mine, if you give me a few of yours plus some...

Comment

I will give u a ikola and maybe a moliro plus some pine apples

Comment

those fish are mine anyways..

Comment

Did yall end up moving the tank today?  I never heard anyone talk about it since earlier this week.

Comment

No we have not moved the tank.

I think I wil not be moving the tank till after New Years.

Comment

Working...
                            X