Breeding and Babies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breeding and Babies

My Breeding Program is getting pretty large and I'd thought I'd share.
    Livebearers:
    Guppies:
    10g with Trio of Albino Snakeskin Red Guppies. [Both females should give birth this week]
    5.5g with Trio of Yellow Cobras Guppies and Juviniles. [Both females should give birth this week]
    5.5g grow out with virgin females endlers
    3x 2.5 with 2 male bb endler hybrids and 2 female wild type guppies. [Just started theese over thanksgiving]
    15g with large bb endler colony
    29g nano with 9 female and 1 male endler and a few babies.
    Xiphs:
    29g 23 grow out with virgin females pinapple swordtails
    10g with Trio of Mikey Mouse Sword Tails.
    10g [will be 20g] Group of Mikey Mouse Sunburst Platies 7 females 2 males and juviniles. [At least 4 of the females are pregnant].
    Cichlids
    29g Texas cichlid and convict parrot with babies!
    10g Juviniles from above pair
    29g Convict Pair and babies
    Shrimp
    5.5g RCS colony with babies!
    5.5 4 Tiger Shrimp [nothing... yet.]

maybe I won't be thought of as a noob any more...

Re: Breeding and Babies

congrats on the fry! i think this belongs in the fish breeding section though...

Comment

Sorry. I forgot about that section.

Comment

I want to hear other peoples experience on breeding too. I thought my tank would be a little packed for my fish to breed since other males would try to interrupt. But I found out that was not the case when they hear the call of the wild they do what they do. Some of you know that my Mbuna female had fry there are only 3 that i can find. Which is fine since I dont need a population explosion. However, I found out that my German Red female is holding and my Sunshine female and Bi-color female are also holding. Only problem is I would have no idea who the lucky father is so I will have fun finding out what the new additions will look like.
        Resident fish bum
        330G FOWLR
        34G Reef
        330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
        28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
        Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

You probably won't know until around easter..... :)

CF
          Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

thats a very imprssive list ed!  I've recently tried my hand at guppy breeding as well

What I've bred: Guppies, Sunshine peacocks, orange peacocks, Neo Lamp. Leleupi, ABN pleco
            Michael
            Clear Lake, TX

Comment

Working...
            X