Need Help Bloat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Bloat

I have two trophus that are bloat do any one know where i can by some metronidazole here local in houston are is their any other thing that i can use i use some epsom salt in the tank i have a 135 gal any help please, i read that i could use clout will this work.
    Willie Sanders

Re: Need Help Bloat

dont think any of the stores carrying those products will be open this late.  Where are you located?  try calling petsmart and petco to see if they have it.

Comment

Re: Need Help Bloat

Clout will work but make sure you have backup filtration cause sometimes it could wipe out your benificial bacteria. I believe Jungle products has a furan I believe that works....dimetrondizole which discus keepers use works.....

What you can do is get a small tank....10g or so and use it as a med tank and dip the tropheus in there since you only have two of them. Makes it cheaper to dose and safer for you filters.

Epsom can be used, dose 1tbsp per 5g and do not add anymore unless you do water changes which in that case you only replace what you took out.

Search bloat, there are threads with what has worked for other tropheus keepers.

BTW, can you share some info with us?

What are the fish in with?
      Guessing these are in the 135g...
      What are you feeding them and how much?
      Tank maintenance routine?
      What variant tropheus are the two?
      How long have you had them?
      Where did you get them?
      Tank parameters?

Sorry for all the questions but was curious cause word is that singletons and pairs usually aren't as susceptable or bloat prone as a large colony would be and the info could further our understanding of the wonderful species!
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
      X