This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limestone Rock Dig III - Burnet Texas - The Posting

This is a very fun expedition, where you can go and explore my Aunt and Uncle's property and dig-up your own Texas Limestone Holey Rock.

Date: Saturday December 15th

Requirements: (1) 12-Pack of Coke Classic to give to my Aunt from each person that goes on the trip. You must agree that NOT ONE PIECE of this rock will be sold or you cannot go on any future trips, and membership to the Houston Tropheus and Petrochromis Club will be denied. You will also be considered a POS for not being able to keep your promises.

You do not have to be a member of the Tropheus and Petrochromis Club, but you need to be a member of the Houston FishBox Forum.

Things to Bring: Water, and appropriate clothing for working with hand tools, hiking uneven terrain, and cold weather.  I would highly recommend to you, to wear eye protection when using sledgehammers and bring gloves. I would bring a shovel or a pickax per person. With the cold weather, the snakes and chiggers should not be a problem, but I would still wear pants and long socks.

Optional Items: Wheel barrow, 4-wheeler, geologist hammer  and sledgehammer.  Some beer will be fine, but do understand it’s a long drive, hard work, and its not a party.

Directions: Meet at Aquarium World parking lot in Houston on 290 and Hollister at 7:15 AM. Leave the parking lot at 7:30AM and arrive in Burnet, Texas at approximately 11:30AM. The meeting place in Burnett Texas will be the Dairy Queen on 281 South. From there we will meet my Uncle who will follow to his land that is approximate 15-20 minute drive from this point.

Once we arrive we can rummage thru piles, dig rocks up, or what ever you can find for (4) Hours maximum. Believe me, you can get all that you would ever want or need in that time.  It is deer season, and we might hear some gunfire, but all her neighbors will be very aware of our presence there and I believe it will be safe.

We will leave their home by 4:00 PM. This leaving time should put us back in Houston no later than 7:30 PM. The one way trip is about 220 miles and takes about 3.5 hours to drive it.

People who carpool should be prepared to donate some money for the person they are traveling with. I would recommend this be about $20-30 or whatever price is fair with the person you are riding with. Most people will have trucks/vans for hauling rocks. This round trip will most likely be a tank of gas for most people.

Please PM me for confirmation that you will be attending by no later than November 1st.  In the PM please post any special items you will bring and if you would be willing to offer carpooling or are looking to carpool.

Thanks,

Geoff Qualls
    380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
    300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
    180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
    150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Re: Limestone Rock Dig III - Burnet Texas - The Posting

I just want everyone to please know that I need a PM from you by Friday Morning if your going.

Geoff

Comment

I have bad news everyone.

The trip for this weekend is cancelled until further notice.

My Aunt went yesterday around to her 4 neighbors and told them to be careful and watchful of us on her property this weekend.  Everyone of her neighbors expressed concerns about us, because they were all going to be hunting and having friends and relatives over the OPENING WEEKEND of the deer season to also hunt.

They are going to be shooting at all kinds of stuff, deer, antelope, wild hogs, havalina’s, and other small animals.  These other animals could include my *** rummaging thru the bush looking for rocks.

So, we are going to have to wait till the “newness” of the hunting season is worn off some.  My Aunt says that December would more than likely be the best time, but I will ask her about the weekend before Thanksgiving (November 17th), December 1st, and December 15th.

So, I am sorry about this, there is noting I can do, other than to suggest to you go to Trader Villiage this weekend for a huge garage sale, go to the Quilt Festival this weekend at the George R. Brown Center, or get your extra and unwanted fish ready for sale on the HAS auction on Sunday.

Again…till further notice this is cancelled.

Geoff Qualls

Comment

Hey, sorry you had to cancel the trip for now, but maybe I'll have a shot at going on one of the future dates. This past weekend was impossible for me. It's really nice of your Aunt to want us like that.

PH
        MY MANTRA: Yes, I CAN have too many fishtanks!

Comment

This trip is now scheduled for Saturday December 15th.

Please PM me if you will be going and if your taking anything out of the normal such as 4-wheelers or some kind of ATV, chainsaw etc...

Thanks,

Geoff

Comment

Working...
          X