Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started the 125 African

Hello all,

Well I finally started the 125 gallon that I got as a present from Soni from Walter. Everything is up and running smoothly letting it cycle and getting ready to host my fish. I think they are going to love it. I am trying to go for having one side for my Mbuna type fish on the rocky side and putting the peacocks on the more open side.
    *Edit: I noticed that the pic named other side was the wrong pic so i uploaded the right pic.
    Resident fish bum
    330G FOWLR
    34G Reef
    330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
    28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
    Treasurer, GHAC

Re: Started the 125 African

looks good, keep up the work and keep us updated with more pics.

Comment

Looks like ya just need some fish.....LOL.  Congrats!!!!

Comment

sure will. I was excited to start everything up. Also getting water in my mouth and in my face was fun too try to start up the canister and wet/dry
        Resident fish bum
        330G FOWLR
        34G Reef
        Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Welcome to the club my friend.  I had one of my Eheims hose me pretty good one night trying to get it started.  Nothing like good old carbon filtered water...LOL!!!!

Comment

congrats darbex....it looks like a very nice beginning....can't wait to see it grow....keep us updated with pics  friend....thanks for sharing too....

FL

Comment

Yep, you got a good eye for aqua scaping.....do keep us posted with more pics down the road.  BTW, that intake vac line on the sump looks huge, what kind of rating does that sump have anyway?

CF
              Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

yeah i cant wait to see the final product. then maybe you convert 55 to Tang tank, or heavy planted mayhaps? though planted are a little easier with some depth to work with. but yeah i cant wait to see it filled with fish.
                Never fear I is here
                David Abeles
                Vice President
                Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

It is rated for 700GPH CF. Thank you for your comments I am going to add more plants and rocks from the 55 when i transfer them over. I will make the 55 a planted angel from Sonja's 42 hex. We will sell that one to a friend since we got him and his gf into aquaria. So in a few weeks I will be at that auction looking for room mates for my cichlids.
                  Resident fish bum
                  330G FOWLR
                  34G Reef
                  Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Looks good!

Take your time adding the fish in, enjoy it!
                    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I have a question for you all since I am new to the wet/dry filter. Currently the tank has no tops on it I ordered them from Mike and are awaiting there arrival. My issue is that I have to add like a gallon of water about every couple of days to make sure that the pump in the sump area stays submergerd. I dont know if this is evaporation or the pump is pumping faster than water can be brought down. I do not see any noticeable change in water level in the tank but I see a large change in the sump. The pump is a Odyssea 700GPH and the Wet/Dry is rated for a 125.
                      Resident fish bum
                      330G FOWLR
                      34G Reef
                      Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

darbex.....whatching cichlidfan mess with his wet/dry systems he has on most of the tanks he placed a small clamp on the return line and adjusted it to slow down the rate so that this stayed constant instead of fluctuating as your talking about. but then again you may have too big of a pump on there ....but i would try slowing down the flow just a tad maybe.....he has no trouble from any of his systems at home or at his office....

Comment

After you post Fishlady I remembered that the pump came with a valve. So I went home and figured out how to install it to change the speed.   So I changed the pump speed to match the intake.
                          Resident fish bum
                          330G FOWLR
                          34G Reef
                          Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

I started moving a few fish over to make sure the cycle is working. The Johanni's are all by themsleves I think they are looking for their friends.
                            Resident fish bum
                            330G FOWLR
                            34G Reef
                            Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

With the return pump....like fishlady stated....a metering valve is what's needed and good thing yours came with one.

It helps to have a line drawn on the sump since most of the factory lines are much lower then most return pumps, that way you can monitor either evaporation or too much return or even too little return.
                              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                              X