Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ok newbie question... Planted tank guide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok newbie question... Planted tank guide?

I know so "nothing" about planted tanks. I love the look of them and obviously they are benefitial if you intend to hobby around with fish babies.

Is there a guide of some sort anywhere or a website that tells you the different light levels that the different plants need, water hardness, ph, substrates and putting together a planted tank guidlines, the different types of lighting that are used and why.. including how to install and what CO2 injection does?

How is that for a long drawn out question?

Stormz

Re: ok newbie question... Planted tank guide?

Rexgrigg.com
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
      He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

I think you can ask the members on this forum for some information.  They have some good information to share.  You can also try looking at other forums that are spefically for planted tanks only.  I was in the same situation as you.  Might take some trial and error to get it right though.  Just have some good planning before you start something.  I rush everything at first ended up wasting money on stuff I didnt need or inferior stuff.
        180 gallon RR wild discus, harlequins, congos, rainbow, pleco, cardinals, rummynose, rcs, and amanos.  2260 eheim pressurize co2 4x54 tek lights

Comment

i think plant geek had some good guides but i havent tried rex, gonna go look now, and thanks EK for the ride earlier.
          Never fear I is here
          David Abeles
          Vice President
          Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

No problem tiapan....get your car there in one piece?

OT, if you have questions about the planted tank just post them and someone is sure to help.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Thank you for the links and advice.  I am hoping to learn before I start gathering the needed equipment.  Right now I am looking forward to reading at the links so that I can come back with a few intelligent questions.

Thank you for the help.

Stormz

Comment

A forum community dedicated to aquatic plant owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about collections, displays, tanks, styles, troubleshooting, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Comment

plantedtank.net is a good one too.
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Internet forums are great, and I agree with supaflyz - you can always ask us! But I'm a big fan of books, too. That way you don't get all that non-information that some internet sites post. When you do research on the internet, you kinda have to take it with a grain of salt, and it gets pretty confusing because there are a LOT of differing opinions. That said, I've learned a lot from places like aquaticplantcentral and the krib. But I also have a collection of about 15 planted tank books at home that I browse through every once in a while.

For CO2 stuff, Rex Grigg's site is good because he explains everything in a very simple and thorough (and humorous) way.

For general info, I like these sites:

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Working...
                    X