This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GHAC - Comments and like Chatter Thread

So what does everyone think about the New Club in the works?

IMO, I think it will be a good thing.  

If you don't know what I'm talking about, here is a link with a little info.

HoustonFishBox is an online community dedicated to bringing together people and their fish in Houston, Southeast Texas, and beyond.

Raul
    Raul
    PokerFace

Re: GHAC - Comments and like Chatter Thread

I think its a good idea.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

thumbs up ;-)
      5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
      20 sw cube - a few damsels and a colony of bristleworms
      29 fw - self cloning crayfish..which can't seem to clone haha
      29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
      29 fw - crs/ amano/tiger shrimp /assassins/ whiptails/ plants/ 3 emerald cories
      55 fw - steatocranus casaurius (20ish)/ tetras/ rainbows/large Jack Dempsey
      75 fw - large Jack Dempseys / pictus cat/ yoyo loach/ Red gippicep
      / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

it better be on a sat instead of a fri !!!!
        Resident BUM !!!

Comment

Lol so you can sleep in ;-)
          5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
          20 sw cube - a few damsels and a colony of bristleworms
          29 fw - self cloning crayfish..which can't seem to clone haha
          29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
          29 fw - crs/ amano/tiger shrimp /assassins/ whiptails/ plants/ 3 emerald cories
          55 fw - steatocranus casaurius (20ish)/ tetras/ rainbows/large Jack Dempsey
          75 fw - large Jack Dempseys / pictus cat/ yoyo loach/ Red gippicep
          / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

God I feel like SH$*
            Resident BUM !!!

Comment

hehehehehehehe......too much of the bubbly aye mikey....... artyman:

poor thang.....if i were mean i'd call you up and talk very loudly.....just kidding.....take an aspirin and get back to work...lol....

thanks dude for having us all over there last night....we need to install some ceiling fans out there on that patio though....move some air....with everyone talking...created more hot air....hehehehehe....j/k......but seriously we need to get some fans.....big time....but i think i can speak for cichlidfan too in saying we had a great time and thanks for hosting it for us all.....

fishlady......

Comment

I can't believe the response so far. As it stands right now my list of club members is already at 27! The way the organization is shaping up right now, I will be serving as the club president, Raul will be vice president, Roy will be treasurer, and Heidi will be the clubs secretary. There will be one more vice president posted, but I have not yet had the oppurtunity to speak with the person in question.
                Membership dues will be due at the next meeting at Mike's store. The proceeds from initial dues will be used to apply for the clubs not for proffit status. This is a major step to forming the club you all want. Once we have our not for profit staus we will be free as a club to move into a larger arena of possible events and features. All I can say is WOW!
                Ok, I made contact, Tim will be our co-vice president.
                Consider my posts as general information based on personal experiences, and in most cases, far oversimplified. Actual mileage may vary. Don't try this at home. If symptoms persist, contact your physician.

Comment

Sounds like a plan, I second the motion...if there where any?  :)

CF
                  Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

third

8)
                    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

here here.....way to go scott.....that was quick.....

fishlady....

Comment

I'm new here so forgive me if this info. if already written elswhere but....what exactly do ya'll do at the meetings?  Thanks, just trying to get a feel if it is something I'm interested in.
                        40-cichlid

Comment

Well, I can't say for sure Lynn, but if it's anything like our first meeting last night, we just basically form little groups and talk fish and share stories. I'm sure as with any group, there will be some formal business for short periods or time where club agenda and other matters will be discussed and voted on, but for the most part, it will most likely be a informal meeting to get to know one another and exchange ideas and just plain socializing.

Give it some thought...... :)

CF
                          Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

lynn, it is mainly an avenue to get together talk fishies, equiptment, and the like....and to meet people and make lots of friends that you talk to daily on this forum.....we had such a great time on friday.....it is just a nice get away from the house kind of thing.....plus you get alot of information from very experienced fish keepers....and they had a mini raffle and gave away a few goodies too.....if you like to socialize then it's a great place to do it....

fishlady.....

Comment

If this is dues paying club. It is my understanding that there will be by-laws written & voted on by the members. Also any person holding a position will need to be elected into that position.

Also can it be posted for those that were unable to make the meeting everything that was agreed on at the get-together Friday night.
                              Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
                              Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
                              Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

Working...
                              X