REN-FEST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REN-FEST

Ok, renfest is fast approaching. Debbie and I are interested in getting a group together for this. This would of course be a themed outing and costumes would be mandatory! We could meet at a central location and carpool up to the event. If you have never been before, you are missing out on one wild time, if you have been before you know what I mean.
    Check out the web site and let me know who is interested and what weekends would be good for you in order of prefference. Warning, this is an ALL DAY EVENT!
    The Texas Renaissance Festival brings you the most cost-effective way to enjoy all the merriment and magic of the nation's largest Renaissance themed event. Join us in celebration of our 45th anniversary season!
    Consider my posts as general information based on personal experiences, and in most cases, far oversimplified. Actual mileage may vary. Don't try this at home. If symptoms persist, contact your physician.

Re: REN-FEST

I'm sort of interested... The whole costume thing is kinda getting to me though. Could you imagine an asian dressed like that???
    Resident BUM !!!

Comment

you could dress up as attilla the hun, he was mongolian after all.
      Consider my posts as general information based on personal experiences, and in most cases, far oversimplified. Actual mileage may vary. Don't try this at home. If symptoms persist, contact your physician.

Comment

Me and the Fiance have gone every year so far but it's been dropping off a bit every year.

Might go this year but not sure......probably not dressing up though.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

i have my modern day Pan costume, its not full on but it works. Its a UH hat with horns poking through it, i wear a crown royal bag as a money pouch, i wear a real lion skin vest, and carry a cudgel. thought about wearing the sword and was originally gonna try to make armor by this year but ran outa time. so i will stick to cudgel till i get armor made (then sword will be more appropriate) Is that enough costume for you Scott
          Never fear I is here
          David Abeles
          Vice President
          Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

and it will have to be a Saturday for me, cant get Sundays off really, Saturday is easier.
            Never fear I is here
            David Abeles
            Vice President
            Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

Originally posted by SCOTT";p="
              If Mike is going as Attilla the Hun, then i want to go as spiderman

Comment

Originally posted by Brownsnoutuk";p="
                Originally posted by SCOTT";p="
                If Mike is going as Attilla the Hun, then i want to go as spiderman
                Now that's funny. The one guy among us who could fit in at renfest with a simple robe and he wants to be spiderman. "I say old chap, watch me spin this web"

Comment

I'll have to wear my kilt. And as tradition dictates, nothing under it.

I'll just have to wear my kilt lower than most :P

Comment

Originally posted by Brownsnoutuk";p="
                    I'll have to wear my kilt. And as tradition dictates, nothing under it.

I'll just have to wear my kilt lower than most :P
                    To low can be as bad as to high.
                    Either way eeewwwww
                    Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
                    Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
                    Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

now that is just classic.
                      Never fear I is here
                      David Abeles