Pretty!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty!

Wow, these guppies are stunning! 8O  Is there anything like this around here?

Rebekah

Re: Pretty!

Probably check with Guppymax....There were some really nice livebearers at the auction today.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I think I saw some like that recently; I wanna say it was Megans or Fish Gallery. They're an amazing fish in person, I even thought about buying some. Good luck.
      So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

Well, I am in the process of getting a tank...then it will need to be cycled...THEN I can start looking for pretty guppies to stick in there! They kinda remind me of Endlers... I LOVE Endlers too! Especially the ones with more neon colors and less red.  :P

Rebekah

Comment

Bio-Spira is an instant cycle. Saves a lot of time.

Comment

Bio-spira works but I have found as well as many others here that seeded filters or filter media works just as good. I usually keep spare filters running on my other tanks just in case I ever need to quick start a tank.

When I clicked the link they looked like endlers to me as well.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I leave a sponge filter or two in my wet/dry just to have them ready at a moments notice.
              Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
              Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
              Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

Originally posted by wvgdiscus";p="
                I leave a sponge filter or two in my wet/dry just to have them ready at a moments notice.
                Same here! put my sponges are on powerheads which also double as an aerater for the wet/dry.
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

i through plants and switch the bio media out of my aquaclears, i try to use a lot of the same size filter now so i dont have to get all different kinds.
                  Never fear I is here
                  David Abeles
                  Vice President
                  Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

I emailed Megan's Emporium and she said she can get them anytime I want, but I will have to let her know a week in advance to give her time to get them. I asked for a price, but didn't get one... I might e-mail her back to ask the price and to make sure she can get females for them too. I really want to start breeding these things! They are too neat! She said their tails aren't quite as long as the ones in the pic, but that is not a problem for me.

Rebekah

Comment

Sounds cool! Update us when you get a hold of some!
                      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Will do! I wonder where I can find the cheapest price on an AquaClear 50. I really want to get one and some of that BioSpira(?) y'all keep recommending. I have looked on Aquabid and on e-bay for both and have found nothing worth buying...yet. I also went to PetCo tonight and they want exactly 1 arm + 1 leg for the filter...I didn't even bother looking for the chemical stuff... I will probably go over to Super Pet World tomorrow in Baytown and see what they have...has anyone ever been there? If so, what do y'all think?

A few weeks ago I found a place in Huffman called Just Fish. The girl that manages it is really nice and helpful, but she doesn't keep any equipment as far as filters and tanks...or it doesn't look like it anyway. Have any of y'all been in there? It's kind of an out of the way hole in the wall, but she seems to have some good prices...I think...I'm not too experienced with the bigger fish--or any fish for that matter really LOL! She has some pretty guppies with long tails though!

Rebekah

Comment

I am sure Mike can order it for you if you plan on making it to the meet....If not CityPets probably has the best prices on them compared to anyone else.

Also the Be cautious of who you buy the Bio-spira from cause it is not meant to be stored out of the refridge for long periods. I usually buy it from FishRanch or FishGallery.
                          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Petsmart is cheaper than Petco, and Petsmart will price match with their online prices if you have a print out. There's probably a couple LFS that are cheaper still, but I can't really help ya there.

Comment

ooo...When is the meeting? I didn't know I was invited!   I thought it was only for like dues-paying members or something. I have been meaning to get over there to Mike's! I have heard LOTS of great things! I will try to find a listing or something for City Pets and give them a call about the filter.  :wink:

Rebekah

Comment

Working...
                              X