Dead goldfish, suicide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead goldfish, suicide?

I take care of a 55 at a nursing home; it had tropicals and one 3" ( $0.49 Wal-Mart) goldfish. It died a couple days ago ,he was pretty deep into the Java moss jungle. Is is possible he could have tangled himself ,to death?
    Other fish are fine (angels, zebra danio, platies, swordtails black mollies -overflow from my pond). And cardinal tetras donated by HAS about 6 mo ago (newest additions).
    The gold was in there because some residents need something  big, slow and bright to see.

Re: Dead goldfish, suicide?

It's possible
    Java moss can get so dense that it has trapped my adult platties in my spawn tanks and goldfish are not strong swimmers.  
    But I would not expect a goldfish to get himself that deep into the moss unless someone was picking on him.
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Re: Dead goldfish, suicide?

I dunno.  Goldfish are about as dumb as they come.  If there is a possible way for a fish to die such as being wedged in between rocks or tangled, it usually will happen.  I've lost a fair share of guppies cause they found a way to get trapped that I didn't think of.  Some fish need baby proofed tanks (no sharp objects, no small holes, no open electrical sockets)

Comment

Working...
      X