Horrifying fish product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horrifying fish product

Ok, I swear I have never seen this until today.  i did not know that these fish were even eaten.  Has anyone  ever eaten/seen this?

Michael
    Clear Lake, TX

Re: Horrifying fish product

Never seen that before, however I now know how I can threaten that really mean male 3-spot (like the one in the pic in the label!)  I've got....  

Solitary confinement didn't teach him anything.  Where'd you see the stuff?  I need to get a jar of it (just for the label of course), so I can peel the label off, and tape it facing in on his tank so he can see what'll come of him if he keeps tearing the fins off the pretty lady I got for him.....
    The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
    Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Comment

I have not seen that product, but im not suprised that it exist. Its no difference with Oscar's or Pacu's in South America. When certain fish are in abundance in a central location, such as a Oscar or Pacu in South America, it becomes a important food source for the surrounding villages. In some occaisions it even becomes a delicacy for neighboring countries. In Asia they have Gourami. We keep them as ornamental fish because we can't just go up the river to get them in abundace. At least not naturally.... But other countries rely on the fish they can get outof the river as a much needed food source. Oscar fish sauce??? Wonder what that would taste like... 8O
      Resident BUM !!!

Comment

Oscar fish sauce would probably make people be grouchy and want to live in garbage cans.....

Hrm....  I have a cat, named phrog, who eats like a pig, runs like a bunny and becomes a chicken whenever strangers come over.  If I made phrog sauce, I wonder if it would taste like a buffet plate that got stirred all together?
        The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
        Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Comment

I have seen those ugly large white gourami's eaten before.

Not really surprised to see that....in africa they eat Frontosas like it was bass but yet we pay hundreds for what they would call a small meal.
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

what was the jar next to it? "Pickled....?"

Comment

Pickled tinfoil barbs.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

ive seen clown knives and tinfoil barbs on ice at asian markets. go to the frozen section you can find peacock spiney eesl, gobies of all kinds, climbing perch and many others. bon appetit!
                - When Life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make Life take the damn lemons back!

Comment

Kind of like Cajun Gumbo.  
                  No telling what you'll find in it.  
                  But it's always good eating.
                  'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                  He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

They have a lot of this kind of stuff in Vietnam.  My cousin went with my grandma and he saw some jar like that but with shrimp.  It resembles a crs shrimp thats what he told me.  Also have another fish kind of look like a goby that they also put in jars like those.
                    180 gallon RR wild discus, harlequins, congos, rainbow, pleco, cardinals, rummynose, rcs, and amanos.  2260 eheim pressurize co2 4x54 tek lights

Comment

hey if its maid of something living i will probably eat it, Bugs included, i mean, I have had snake, gator, mealworms, nitecrawlers, crickets, rabbit, squirel, when it comes down to it, they are all sources of food around the world, maybe the only way to really make it worth their while to eat guaramis is to mush them into a paste or sauce to spread on rice, very little would go to waste tough i doubt that it tastes very good (not that nightcrawlers or crickets taste very good either)
                      Never fear I is here
                      David Abeles
                      Vice President
                      Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

If you get hungry enough you will eat it to.
                        Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
                        Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
                        Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

Rabbit is a common food in the UK. Americans also dont eat a lot of Lamb.

In the Czech Republic, they eat goldfish with chips.

Ewww..and the french eat snails (xzavier :P ) and horse

Comment

I apparently have a fish product on the shelves of grocery store too

Comment

Working...
                            X