Need Moss ID Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Moss ID Please

I had a few stray strands of what i thought was Java Moss arrive together with some livestock from an overseas shipment. Not thinking much of it, i placed it in my shrimp tank. Now about 2 months later, it has grown into something that doesn't look like my other Java mosses. Would someone out there help me ID it?
    Here are some pics

Here's what 3-4 strands grew into

Here's a closeup with comparison to a strand of "Normal" java moss.
    The unknown moss seems to grow real dense and thick strands with comparatively denser and larger fronds.

Lately, pods have been growing from it. I assume it contains spores?
    www.ventralfins.com

Re: Need Moss ID Please

Possibly erect or flame moss by it's growth....how are your CRS breeding for you?

Are you selling them?
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa";p="
      Possibly erect or flame moss by it's growth....how are your CRS breeding for you?

Are you selling them?
      Thanks for the ID.
      This is actually my first batch of A-S grade CRS which i have. Got them 2 months ago really small, but I currently have 3 berried females. Hence I do not have any for sale right now. But they should be ready to go in about 2-3 months down the line.
      www.ventralfins.com

Comment

I have about 50-100 A-S grade right now with lots of tiger tooth but they are in a forest of a tank so I rarely see most of them. I am planning on tearing the tank down and gearing it more towards the CRS so maybe we can swap genes later on down the road.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa";p="
          ... so maybe we can swap genes later on down the road.
          Yup! Definitely =)
          www.ventralfins.com

Comment

Working...
          X