Reef/SW anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reef/SW anyone?

Supaflyz wanted to see some SW/reef tanks so here goes mine...

I started this one about 4 months ago I guess and have been ignoring it since I think it's boring.

-JBJ Nanocube 12g DX
    -Upgraded the lighting from 2x24w PC to 1x70HQI+2x18wPC
    -Added a mini chiller
    -Upgraded the stock pump to a MJ 900/Hydor flo output/CA30(similar to the mini-tunze)
    -Rear chambers were stripped of what they came with and added tonga live rock to the first chamber, made a refugium in ch2 with Chaeto(microalgae to absorb nitrates/phos) along with the heater and ch3 has the pumps/chiller/temp probe/ATO
    -Select flow surface skimmer installed
    -Additional fans to help keep things stabalized on the temp side.
    -R2 moonlighting along with rewired factory moonlighting
    -JBJ AutoTopOff with aqualifter pump to refill with RO/DI water as it evaporates
    -Series of analog timers on industrial power stip to automate everything on the tank and to simulate sunset/sunrise-daylight/night.

The tank is mainly Zoanthids which come in every color you could think of and some, there are other corals as well but mainly Zoas. Fish in the tank are gobies mainly with one being a Yashia goby which has a symbolic relationship with a pistol shrimp it's like watching a fish walk his dog everyday! The others are super tiny gobies which just look cool. My newest addition is a tiny Hippo tang which will be returned to the LFS or be moved into and upgraded tank when it puts on some size.

Here are the inhabitants

I have let this tank kinda go cause I think it's pretty boring compared to Trophs/planted tank/tangs/shrimp so the algae is kinda growing a bit but the good thing is that it's grape algae so it's not as bad as the pest algae that could be running ramp id in the tank.

Well if anyone else here has SW/Reef going on post some pictures and tells us about it!
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Re: Reef/SW anyone?

Very nice nano ek.  Thanx for starting the thread.  I dont have one yet but wants to start one.  Saving money up to get the live rocks.  Is yours all live rock or u mix some live with some base?
    180 gallon RR wild discus, harlequins, congos, rainbow, pleco, cardinals, rummynose, rcs, and amanos.  2260 eheim pressurize co2 4x54 tek lights

Comment

I actually was able to pick from a new shipment of cured live fiji rock and since it only took like 10lbs to fill the tank I used all live rock. Also used carrib-sea's fiji pink live sand.

The only reason I did this tank was because I got the Nanocube 12gDX with stand for dirt cheap new and I wanted to do all the mods to it. The tank retains the stock hood and is still a true All-In-One like how I got it but with tons of mods.

How big of a tank do you plan on using Supaflyz?
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Here are some close ups

700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I got a 14 gallon Oceanic Bio Cube... I get bored because it needs to be bigger and most the coral I put in dies.

2 75s, 125,55,25 and 14 gallon tank

Comment

Yay! Now I don't have to spy on ek's postings in other forums to see this tank!  

Didn't know you thought it was boring! I don't mean to be rude, but that's really funny! You always hear how FW tanks are dull and boring, especially to people who aren't familiar with the hobby in any form and prefer all those "pretty fish." Glad to hear some people say the opposite! Don't get me wrong, I actually have tentative plans for a nano reef, getting the tank for my B-day, but it's good to hear people have pride.  :)

Thanks for the pictures, you two!
              "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Nice kenya tree rahne!

It was cool at first but the hype died out pretty quick but I think if the tank was much bigger then it would probably have lasted a bit longer.
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I guess I will be holding onto the tank a bit longer then wanted but now there is something cool in the tank! Removed a few fish and got these........

Pair of Black onyx clowns bred and raised by theKarens

They are still babies but eventually they will live up to their name!
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Very cool!

What did you do with the 'removed' fish? Still have any gobies in there?
                    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

I just removed the rainford goby and the blue tang died on me when I went on vacation.
                      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                      X