sick ahli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sick ahli

hey guys just moves some of my sub adults about 2 wks ago and already lost one,there are about 8 fish including 2 yellow labs and one hongi that are not showing any signs of this problem.The first that died had an inflated stomach,this one also has an inflated stomach but only on one side and also has what appears to be an open legion.water tested fine in all areas and dont know what to do.started medicating today with melafix but dont think this is the solution.
    The fish appears to be normal(eating good and swimming around with everybody else)just concerned it may spread to the rest of the fish.Any Ideas??????

Re: sick ahli

still cant put the picture in

Comment

maybe this time

Comment

Do you have a spare tank you can put him in?

Comment

yes,but I think the culprit is within the 75 gallon tank.Id hate to play musical chairs with the fish in the 45 or the fry in the 30. It would take to long to cycle the 90 so I dont know what to do. If I put the rest in the 110, I dont know if they would carry something over to it,same with the sick fish id hate to move her over to another tank and maybe risk contamination of her fellow tankmates.I do have another 30 long that I could set up and use water out of all the tanks to fill it up I dont think that it will be enough time.
          -C

Comment

yes,but I think the culprit is within the 75 gallon tank.Id hate to play musical chairs with the fish in the 45 or the fry in the 30. It would take to long to cycle the 90 so I dont know what to do. If I put the rest in the 110, I dont know if they would carry something over to it,same with the sick fish id hate to move her over to another tank and maybe risk contamination of her fellow tankmates.I do have another 30 long that I could set up and use water out of all the tanks to fill it up I dont think that it will be enough time.
            -C

Comment

Originally posted by Cesar";p="
              I do have another 30 long that I could set up and use water out of all the tanks to fill it up I dont think that it will be enough time.
              -C
              You can set the 30g tank up and use some of the water from the tank hes in now. If hes in there by himself the ammonia and nitrites shouldnt build up quickly and the tank should cycle itself.

Comment

Go get a 10g they are but $10-12 at most to any place and use 50% water from your tank and 50% dechlor water and treat that.
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

No need to get another tank if you already have one. I say use the 30g. If you don't want to use that much water.... just fill it up 1/3 the way. Presto! 10 gallon tank without spending ANY money.
                  Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
                  Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
                  Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
                  Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

What are you currently treating with?
                    Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
                    Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
                    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
                    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

He mentioned melafix, but if he doesnt remove the carbon from the filter it wont work.
                      Set up the 30 without using carbon in the filter and treat with melafix.

Comment

Ill give that a try,but it still doesnt ease my mind about the tank having a problem, Its not affecting every fish its very sporadic.Ive got a penquin
                        350 and a xp1 running currently on the tank.Iam going to remove her and
                        put her in the 30 with some of the cycled water and just use some air stones for aeriation.Do you all think it maybe something in the tank??I just bought it from an individual almost 2month ago and have had it running for about 3wks.Iam thinking its some sort of bacterial infection, but I dont know of any bacteria that can live that long to cause problems.
                        (tank wasnt running for 2 wks after I got it)cleaned all gravel and tank with anti bacterial soap before I set it up.Any thing you all can offer would be great.In the mean time I need to get the 90 up and running
                        thanks again
                        -C

Comment

Maybe it's the soap you didn't clean out of the tank completely... or a if the fish in the past were just that bad...

If the sick fish has been floating around the community tank for a while I would nuke the whole tank just to make sure it isn't going to continue cycling the disease.
                          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

its really wierd,none of the yellow labs have got it,and they were in there
                            by themselves for over a week. Do you all think it could be something
                            in the gravel that stayed dormant? Either way I think its a bacterial infection just dont know what strain. ek you talked about nukeing the tank
                            what do you mean(with what)? and how will it effect whats in there right
                            now.
                            -C

Comment

Working...
                            X