Houston we have fry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston we have fry

well i am pleased to announce that my blue masked brichardi is now a mother of too numerous to count fry....i was so surprised...cichlidfan found them first...so it looks as if our home is now a nursery all over the place....hehehehehe

Re: Houston we have fry

NICE....I want some

Comment

well let's let them grow some...then we'll see how many we have....i'm so excited....in the gallery you can see a picture of the mom..and catch a glimpse of the babies in a shell where she hatched them....

Comment

Check back with Fishlady or myself towards the end of summer, her fry are about 2 days old and mine are 10 days old, I'm pretty sure I speak for the both of us when I say, the fry won't be leaving home until they are big enough to fend for them selves in a new tank. So maybe towards the end of August, maybe a tad longer? I'm not sure how fast they grow from FRY to JUVI?

CF
        Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Congrats. Asking when they will become juveniles is like asking "When will I become an adult?" Who knows. Some may say I am already and others think I have a long way to go. There is no definite rule  to determine when a fish become a juvenile, sub-adult, or adult.  I agree with you and think that it is a good idea to hold onto them for a while. They should be able to fend for themselves by the date that you mentioned.
          Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
          Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
          Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
          Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Congrats!!!

I always liked the chalinochromis better.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

oh yeah ek....we've been looking for chalinochromis for awhile now....the 2 that we found were very weak and frail and didn't make it thru the first couple of days here....so we're in hope that we get some of those soon....but my momma is a blue mask......and cichlidfan's momma is a peach face.....so i can't wait to see the little babie grow up....they are both gorgeous little fishies...

Comment

Anywho, we'll keep you posted on their progress and we'll most likely want to shed some ...sometime down the road.

CF
                Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Can you PLEASE post a photo... I don't think I've ever seen these ones...

Comment

i'll be happy to do that this evening when i get off work....look for it then....

fishlady

Comment

Excellent, thank you!  I think I am going to try to breed two pair of the Daffodil ones in a 55g. Do you think that will work out having 2 pairs in there?

Comment

i think the tank should be big enough for them....no problem with that....and good luck on that too....
                        i'm downloading pics of my fry as we speak so check again....

Comment

for some reason it won't let me post pics today....send me your email and i'll send them to you......

Comment

FL and CF seems like youve got the factory churned up with all the fry and stuff,sounds like Steve will have his hands full for a while!!Congrats and let nature take its course.Que sera,Que sera whatever happens good job so far seems like they are really happy in their enviroment otherwise
                            you wouldnt see these kind of numbers popping up.Oh by the way where are the cigars, you missed the memo about new parents passing out cigars didnt you    
                            You all have a good night and see you soon
                            -C

Comment

well cichlidfan and i stopped smoking 54 days ago now....and doing quite well at it i must say.....so it will have to be a soda when we get together or a beer if you like.....we don't drink.... .....
                              oh i can find some of those bubble gum cigars....(chuckle chuckle)......

fishlady

Comment

Working...
                              X