Where to find good selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find good selection

I will be looking to stock a tank with some african mbuna very soon. Who in Houston/houston area has a good selection for these types of fish. It seems every LFS I've been to around me has the usual mbuna but not quite what I am looking for.

Anyone know an LFS or even an individual that has good selections of mbuna cichlids?

Re: Where to find good selection

It depends on what type of mbuna you are looking for. There are people on this site that breed (intentionally or otherwise) various mbuna. Ultimate Fish specializes in cichlids and will most likely have fish that you haven't seen elsewhere. Fish Ranch II oaround Bellaire /59 has a decent selection... but nothing jaw dropping if memory serves correctly. What type of mbuna are you looking for?
    Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

i have the following;metriclima lanisticola  2",metriaclima sp "black dorsal
      gold"  1",pseudotropheus elongatus jewel spot 1", and pseudotropheus
      acei ngara 2".3.00 a fish.can bring to auction next weekend.thanks,rob

Comment

I am looking for

labidochromis sp. "perlmutt"
        Pseudotropheus saulosi
        Pseudotropheus sp. "acei" <---- these seem to be carried by many LFS but never seem to look very healthy. Really looking for the yellow tail

Comment

I was going to mention the auction, jughead beat me to it. There will most likely be a lot of mbuna at the HAS auction next weekend. You can check out the thread on here about the auction to see what some people are bringing.  :)
          "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

I keep hearing about the auction, but I am not sure if it is something I am going to be able to make. With all the talk about it I will definitely try though.

Meanwhile, if anyone has any other suggestions I am open to them..

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X