All-in-one Fert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All-in-one Fert

Does anyone have a recommendation for an "all-in-one" fertilizer? I don't think I will be able to dose each separate compound reliably, but I just moved my CO2 tank to a smaller aquarium (15g) and it looks like it's in need of some ferts.

I know there are a lot out there that claim they're the only fertilizer you'll ever need, but if anyone has had a good experience with a certain brand, let me know! Thanks!
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Re: All-in-one Fert

Mzungu, I recently started using dupla 24 daily with ferro vit after water changes for with great results on my gf's 8 gallon.  Its only 1 drop per day.  If you cant find it, flora 24 is the same i think.  If money isnt an issue, I would try the ADA "brighty" line.  I havnt had a chance to try it myself but I think eklikewhoa has.  Might wanna ask him.
    ADA mini-m planted
    ADA mini-m riparium
    ADA 30-C nano reef
    ADA 90-P community Tanganyikan
    ADA 120-p overflow Full reef in progress
    Eheim 90cm SA biotope
    110g Peacocks

Comment

The problem with all in ones is that it isnt all in one.

there are certain ferst that don't mix well like iron and nitrogen or was it phosphates.... either way there are two that should be dose on seperated day to keep from binding it or something like that....having a real brain fart right now.

If you want I have some Seachem ferts left over that you are welcome to have MB, pretty simple to dose which I will link you a chart as well.
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Buy a bottle of flourish, potassium, iron and nitrogen.  The directions are on the bottle.  On a tank that small-theyll last a long time.  

Agree that there isn't such a thing as allinone.

Comment

Great, thanks everyone. I knew it was wishful thinking, but I'm also looking for something easy, as money does tend to be an issue.  :)

screename - Dupla 24 and Ferro-Vit sound interesting, I just gathered a wealth of info on the Krib about them, which I'll read later on. They also talk a lot about Seachem.

Ek, that's kind of what I was wondering, if it was even possible to add everything needed together, good to know it's not! And I would LOVE leftovers, just let me know what you need/want in return.

fishman - I'm guessing Flourish carries each of those?

Thanks again.  :)

Comment

Flourish Iron, Flourish Nitrogen, Flourish Phosphates, Flourish Potassium, Flourish Trace and Flourish complete or whatever it is. I have all but the trace since trace is pretty much watered down flourish.  

sent you an email MB.

You could also go with the greg watson dry ferts and mix your own liquid ferts for much less or just dose it dry. I have tried the dry EstimativeIndex method and it worked out pretty good. I have since switched to ADA Brightly line up and right now I am really loving it but after I use up what I have I plan on mixing the GW dry to liquid and using that.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Thanks, ek.

Yeah, I've been looking around a bit at Greg Watson and the like, but I would like to get a bit more familiar with everything, because I'm pretty lost when it comes to all the different elements out there and what my tank needs/doesn't need. So, until I get the hang of it, I think I'll try some that are fool-proof.

Comment

Working...
              X