Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New baby shrimp! now what??

Hey everyone--

My cherry red shrimp just had her babies!  Now I have no idea how to take care of them.  I put her in a breeding net earlier, so all the babies are in there with a bundle of java moss.  What can I feed them?  Is there anything else I need to do??

Thanks!!

Re: New baby shrimp! now what??

If there is java moss then there is food for them, you could throw a algae wafer or something in there once and a while if you want but they should find enough to eat if there is a decent amount of foliage in the tank.

Just make sure there isn't anything in there that could eat them....other then that they pretty much take care of themselves.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Hurray!  :dance:

If you have it, you might want to throw a little more java moss in there with them, just to make sure there is enough for the babies to eat.

And, if you want an algae wafer or three, let me know.  :wink:
      "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Just wondering how your cherry red shrimp did?

Comment

I don't that member is really active on the boards......or at least I haven't seen any post since then.

Red Cherry Shrimp are probably the most easiest fast reproducing shrimp there is.
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Well, the last I heard they're doing really well! I'll let her know you asked about them.  
            "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Working...
            X