I think this is for a CO2 system.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think this is for a CO2 system.....

Can yall tell me?  Is it a complete kit or what?  I got this from a friend, but I'm not a plant guy....not yet anyways...LOL.

Thanks

Raul
    Raul
    PokerFace

Re: I think this is for a CO2 system.....

Ok I tried, I really did try, to figure out how I would attach those, without seeing it in person though, I wouldn't be able to say for sure what I would do.

Just start connecting the pieces together and see what looks good at the end, it seems like, looking at the bottom picture, the center piece connects the two outer pieces together and the c02 either connects onto the bottom of the left piece, the wierd tubey thing in the center or the bottom of the right piece with the center also acting as a cap for either the left or right side.
    Help support (C)atfish (A)nd (K)ool Pleco's, Houstons premier fish club.

David Seratt
    Co-President of CAK

Comment

It looks like a reactor of some sort that goes inside the tank......all of it actually look prehistoric! the co2 is a paintball setup with a not so up to date regulator/valve.

I would probably ditch the plastic stuff since that will take up a lot of space in the tank and I would invest in a good bubble counter if you plan on useing the regulator so you can actually count the rate it's going at. Gander Mtn or whereever that refills paintball will refill it or exchange it if it's too old.

let me ask some others to see if they can better explain the items you got.
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Thanks
        Raul
        PokerFace

Comment

thats a tetra co2 system from the early 90s.i have one somewhere,and i am pretty sure the instructions are with it.let me know if you cant figure it out and i will find the instructions.good luck,rob

Comment

Originally posted by jughead";p="
            thats a tetra co2 system from the early 90s.i have one somewhere,and i am pretty sure the instructions are with it.let me know if you cant figure it out and i will find the instructions.good luck,rob
            Yup sure is. My question is where did you get it? I sold one off like that a while back is why I'm curious.

Comment

I got it from a friend while acquiring one of his tanks.  He hasn't used it in a long time if ever.

Raul
              Raul
              PokerFace

Comment

The Tetra Co2 system is not the best looking  but it works! With low light to medium light planted aquariums.
                To operate is easy, the chambers you see on the left side of the picture, called bells work by filling them with co2 once or twice a day the bigger the tank the more bells you will need. The co2 cylinder is only used to refill the bells and this needs to be done by hand.
                The co2 will slowly be absorbed by the water and will have to be refilled as needed.
                The rest of the equipment on the picture is not from Tetra so only the owner knows how to run it I guess.
                Regards,
                Navarro

Comment

Thanks Luis
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                  X