Fish ID Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish ID Question

I bought what I thought was a 2.5" Red Empress male about 6 or 7 months ago from a LFS that supposedly ordered it and the guy never showed up.  Well that being said, the fish is now about 4"-5" long and finally starting to color up.  His colors don't resemble the other Empresses that I have purchased over the last few months.  He is getting the blue hues to his face but seems to be turning a light shade of yellow in his body.  Anal fin is a reddish color with light yellow spots.  Dorsal fin doesn't come to a flowing point like my other Empresses either but does come to a point like a normal male dorsal fin.  I know my description is somewhat vague but I was wondering if anyone on here could give me some clues as to what I really have.  Are there other variations of Red Empresses or fish that look similar to an Empress out there that you have seen.  I was at Fish Gallery recently and they had what they were calling Fire Haps and the Red Empresses.  And to my untrained I, I thought they looked quiet similar, could this be what I have???  Thanks for any info you guys can give.  I will try to take a pic later tonight and post it so you guys can see what I have.
Working...
X