Peacocks eye turning white?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peacocks eye turning white?

Whats going on? I have had two adult Peacoks here recently get like swollen white eye,then the other turns white and they go blind and then stop eating and die.Any ideas?

Re: Peacocks eye turning white?

Wow, I think we're going to need a lot more info. For example:
    -How many fish are in the tank?
    -How big is the tank?
    -Have you tested the water recently? If so, what are the results?
    -What's your maintenance schedule?
    -How long did you have these fish?
    -How long did they have this problem before dying? Timeline? Did they both have it at once? Any other fish acting funny?
    -Any other afflictions before dying?

And so on. There are many possibilities as to what happened.
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Agreed--- more info is needed.

...first thing thast jumps to my mind is that poor water quality can cause "cloudy" eyes..
      Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
      Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
      Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
      Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Ok here is the deal.There is two tanks involved here both have been up and running for about a year and a half.Water changes every 7-10 days 50%.

Tank 1. 70 galllon Ehiem 2217 and AC 110. Food NLS,Hikari Gold and Excel and Tetra Spirulina rotated.This Peacock was the "dither fish". So I thought at first that he had ran into the Holey rock or something.

Tank 2. 30 gallon sponge filter and Cascade 600(50 gal/175 gph) three Peacocks Greman Reds just old enough to start breeding 1m/2f,1 bn catfish,3 Petricolas.  

I read about poor water cinditions or bad nutrition. I think it happened both times right after a water change.  Hopes this helps I will do another water change today.

Comment

Working...
        X