guppies changing colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guppies changing colors

I belong to the dallas fish box also and one of the members bought moscow green guppies on aquabid from frank straub and also moscow bi-color guppies from lee chaney on aquabid, she says that within a week both turned purple.  Her question is, can the difference in water condition and ph and hardness cause a guppy to change colors? Any opinions would be appreciated.

Re: guppies changing colors

It is pretty common for guppies to have their color washed out for a day or two after shipment. Changes in surroundings, diet and lighting are apt to change the color of guppies, especially moscow greens. I am not sure if pH and hardness would have any effect on color.

max

Comment

I have a multicolor guppy that will regularly change it's blue markings on it (there is pictures in my gallery).  It seems to be able to do it at will.  I don't think I would be too worried about anything wrong with the fish.

Comment

I noticed once when I had an ammonia issue in my tank that my guppies changed color, along with puffer and corys.
        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Frankli
        n

Comment

Working...
        X