Freshwater worms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freshwater worms

So I ve been to the Aquarium World on 290 and bought few freshwater plants from there.
    When the girl was pulling the roots out of the substrate there was a worm between them...i should have asked to keep it.
    (and she did not know what kind of worm that was)

But my question is:

What kind of worm could that be? where can i get a couple?

And if you place a regular night crawler worm in the 75gallon tank, will it survive?

since i have figured that they live on pretty much everything (fish poop?).  And theoretically surviving on the air from the airrator should be sufficient for them, but i am not 100 percent confident so thats why i am asking.

thanks

Re: Freshwater worms

i feel so alone w all the silence

Comment

Pretty sure a nightcrawler won't survive in a tank. And depending on your fish, might get eaten quickly, as well.

Not sure what kind of worm it could have been without more of a description, but worms are generally not sought after in an aquarium. They're usually a sign of poor maintenance.
      "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Yeah... highly unlikely its a nightcrawler. They breathe through their skin and is unlikely they'll survive for long periods under water
        What did it look like? Length? Color?

I had lots of california blackworms living in my discus tank substrate for the longest time. Some blackworms are pale enough be mistaken for a thin nightcrawler. They occationally pop their heads out of the gravel and got eaten by the fish.
        www.ventralfins.com

Comment

Working...
        X