Moba Momma Stripped - Day 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moba Momma Stripped - Day 10

Just wanted to share a few pics here of my 15 newbie egg-bound fry!

Here are some fry in my floating nursery!

last one.............catch the yawn!!!!!!! LOL
    180g Oceanic w/colony of 8 WC Moba Fronts (1m/7f) purchased from TNT Cichlids in Jan '05 & numerous fry. 1 F1 adult moba male. 2 2217 Eheims, 2 6080 Tunze Streams, WISA airpump, single stage Johnson ETC.....fishkeeping since 1988.

Re: Moba Momma Stripped - Day 10

Congrats Ron!
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

TOO cute!
      "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Way cool and how exciting that must be.....Good Luck with all of them...

CF
        Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Exciting?...............he's the Moba King!!! it's like a chore now that they produce so much
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa";p="
            Exciting?...............he's the Moba King!!! it's like a chore now that they produce so much
            ek, hey bro...........it's still exciting for me!!!!!!!!!  I'm not the moba king, I just feed them and change their water!!!!!! LOL

I have another moba momma with her tube fully extended and all 3 males are going at it!

thanks for all the compliments folks!!!!!!
            180g Oceanic w/colony of 8 WC Moba Fronts (1m/7f) purchased from TNT Cichlids in Jan '05 & numerous fry. 1 F1 adult moba male. 2 2217 Eheims, 2 6080 Tunze Streams, WISA airpump, single stage Johnson ETC.....fishkeeping since 1988.

Comment

how did you get the fry and eggs in a basket thing???  I have some severum eggs in my tank right now and wana save them but if i leave them too long they will get eating.

Comment

Originally posted by mrairportjunke";p="
                how did you get the fry and eggs in a basket thing???  I have some severum eggs in my tank right now and wana save them but if i leave them too long they will get eating.
                I strip my females anywhere between day 10 and 20-21 post spawn.  Got to net the female, open her mouth gently and let her release her eggs.....egg-bound fry into a bowl.  I transfer the eggs into my tumbler.  The clear tube part detaches from the white top portion.  I carefully pour my eggs or egg-bound fry into the tumbler.  The tumbler has to be in water.  You have to be pretty careful.  The basket thing is a kitchen strainer glued to the bottom of my tumbler so nothing can get at the eggs from underneath.

If I were to have my moba mommas release their fry in my 180g they would be eaten for sure.

Fronts are mouth brooders so they lay their eggs and scoop them up in the mouth and tumble them.  I think severums are different and lay their eggs in the open.  If they do, you'll have to figure out a way to scoop them up and either put them in a separate tank or maybe a floating nursery (a plastic container with holes that you can keep fry or your eggs in).

Comment

that is so cool.....you must be excited....heck i'm excited and it's not even mine.....congrats......

Comment

them fishes look good

Comment

Working...
                    X