just a little information for you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just a little information for you

being new to fish keeping i don't really have alot of knowledge but the other night i was at a fish store and saw that there is a food especially for baby fish (fry)....i had asked that same question about what do they eat from my significant other and then we ran into this food. hope that helps out some.

Re: just a little information for you

If it's for cichlids.....NewLifeSpectrum Growth is the absolute best I have ever used with great results!
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Do you happen to remember what the food was called? I haven't tried NewLifeSpectrum, but have used both Fry Bites (HBH) and Hikari First Bites. I haven't been able to find the Fry Bites except from online resources.
      "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

trademan gave me some samples of NO BS fry food and i love it. so do all my little babies. which keep gettin up in numbers.
        Never fear I is here
        David Abeles
        Vice President
        Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

I prefer to feed live food because it wiggles and the fry seem to eat more
          (BBS, microworms, paramecium, vinegar eals, infusoria, green water)
          when I have no live food available, I feed a mixture of Golden Pearls, decapsulated BS eggs & ground shrimp powder (spice shelf at Krogers)

I've herd good things about the NO BS FRY FOOD but I haven't tried it yet.
          'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
          He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

i am not sure of the name of it....i saw it at petsmart while browsing for foods....it's in a little container and states on it that it's for babies...(fry).....sorry if i go there again soon which i am sure i will i'll check out the name of it if your still interested...

Comment

Probably Hikari first bites or something like that.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

This is the Hikari First Bites

Comment

Quite a few breeders use the egg yoke from a hard boiled egg.  Not the whole thing, just a little bit crumbled into powder.  

If you feed too much it will decay in the water and the polution will kill your fry so after they have had enough time to eat all they want, use a piece of airline tubing to syphon off all the waiste from the bottom.
                  be sure to inspect the wast water for fry before you discard it.  :bsoop:
                  'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                  He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

it's made by werdly....i saw it again at petsmart

Comment

Is it the liquid stuff?
                      "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

no it's not liquid......

Comment

Working...