Another Job Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Job Thread

Since the new Village opened so close to my HS, I've been thinking about trying to get a job there, problem being that a) I've never held any sort of job before and b) I am just a high school student and I don't know if they want their employees to be....I dunno how to put this, more experienced looking? I shot them an email through their website where I rattled off a bit about being tri lingual and my experience with planted tanks and fishkeeping, but they've been hobbies and only with my fish and my mom's bosses fish. They told me to call and schedule an interview, but what is the likelyhood of me actually being hired? Should I try petsmart instead?

Re: Another Job Thread

I say you should go up there and ask to speak with the manager/owner for a job. Since you already know they are hiring, ask him/her you are interested in the job opening. Bring a great personality with you

Comment

good luck!
      Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
      Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
      Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
      Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

having worked at both an independent store and a big chain there are advantages to both. Petsmart's new policy is you have to be 18 to be hired there so you may be out of luck right now depending on your age. but i think you should have a good chance or getting a job, if you havent worked anywhere else that means they get to train you to their methods which they like, and most employees at pet stores are young anyway, you gotta love the place you work at and a petstore is a lot more fun then working at fastfood place, (not knocking it as a job for those who may have worked at one its really hard work) just that fish stores are kinda fun to work at.
        Never fear I is here
        David Abeles
        Vice President
        Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

Either way, schedule the interview. True, you may not get the job, but then again it 's quite possible that you will. However, if you don't interview, you most certainly won't get it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. At least give yourself a fighting chance. And best of luck. I will be looking for you when I go in.

Comment

Working...
          X