Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Testing Kit Shelf Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Testing Kit Shelf Life

After having some weird readings on my tanks (thanks eklikewhoa) I contacted Aquarium Pharmaceuticals to see what the shelf life of their test kit chemicals are.  Here is their response.

In response to your question, each reagent bottle has a Lot # printed on the bottle. The last four digits are the month and year of manufacture. Example: Lot # 28A0102. This is a pH reagent manufactured in January of 2002. Pond Care Wide Range pH, Ammonia, High Range pH, Nitrate, Phosphate, Copper, Calcium and GH all last for three years. Nitrite and KH will last for four years. Freshwater pH(low range) and Pond Care Salt Level will last for five years. I would not trust these kits after they have expired.

I hope this helps some of you.  Just to let you know all my chemicals were dated around January 2002 and therefore are all expired.  So all my reading are incorrect and I need to buy a new set of testing kits.  Any recommendations or should I stick with AP?
    58G Malawis
    10G planted

Re: Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Testing Kit Shelf Life

So when did you buy the kit? And where from? I jsut checked my Master Kit for freshwater and they are all dated 0806, and I bought this kit from Big Al's online around that date.

Thanks for checking that out. It's good info to know. I do like their products, but I will be sure to check dates from now on.

Comment

I knew it was about 3yrs.

Your welcome Sproett.

I like the API kits and they are about $15 and get the job done.
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I guess I got it somewhere around December 2001 since that's the earliest Lot # date on there.  Time flies!
        I just ordered a new AP from Big Al's, among some other stuff.  In the meantime I'll take a sample to Petsmart.
        58G Malawis
        10G planted

Comment

I like AP. Thanks for letting everybody know what you found out!!

Ellen

Comment

No problem.   :wink:
            Shannon
            58G Malawis
            10G planted

Comment

Working...
            X