MY mini fish room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY mini fish room

Hey i have been contemplating getting more tanks up and running and now am bitting the bullet. i got a double ten stand and ordered a double 20 stand (high) for smaller areas in my room but i also got a large industrial rack for the corner the snake cage is in. its a 5 shelve rack and i strung the extra 10 dollars to et the industrial strenght one. it "says" that it can have 600 lbs on each rack buy i figure a 1/3 that is more realistic. has anyone ever used the fit into place racks from home depot. we use them for extra storage at my work i was just curious. im not the carpenter scott is to built huge wooden stands (plus i needed it now and smaller fit) when the room is all said and done i should have 55, 2 x 10, 20 H, 15 long, 29, 20 long, and a 6, the 20 long needs to be resealed and i am planning on getting another couple of 20 longs of a bunch of 5s for the rest of the rack. what do yall think.
    Never fear I is here
    David Abeles
    Vice President
    Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Re: MY mini fish room

Sounds Beautiful man!  Are you going to have the time to devote to that many tanks?

Raul
    Raul
    PokerFace

Comment

Sounds great! Can you tell us where you got the double 10 stand? I also have a small space and would like to economize a bit.
      "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Mzungu, I have a double 10 stand - old-school welded. I don't think I"m ever going to use it again. Do you want it?

Ellen

Comment

if ellen falls through i seen them at petco or was it petsmart
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

True, but you use nuts and screws to hold them together. This one is old and very well-built. If you want it, I'll be coming to town tomorrow morning, so let me know!

Ellen

Comment

Ellen, Did you get my PM?
              "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Missed it somehow!

Ellen

Comment

i got mine from village, got a great deal because it had a little bit of rust on it but it cleaned right off. we dont sell true double 10 stands at petsmart at least at mine anyway. oh and raul one of the reasons i am getting all the tanks going is so i have something to do while the girlfriend studies (she is in grad school) because it will keep me from going out too much. plus i love having all the tanks going in my room i picked up a corner eclise 5 gallon today for 5 bucks, guess i will need to make the night stand for the other side of the bed bigger so it can hold both the six and the corner 5    maybe i will put so dwarf puffers in the corner 5
                  Never fear I is here
                  David Abeles
                  Vice President

Comment

oh and mzungu those killies are awesome (they are huge) they look like they might be trying to spawn in the ten, that would be cool i have never had them behave that way. they are the only fish in that tank right now. so we will see.
                    Never fear I is here
                    David Abeles
                    Vice President

Comment

I can't believe you found an eclipse corner for so cheap.  I wanted to buy one and make it a planted tank with a few shrimp or something neat like that.  Where'd you find it?
                      58G Malawis
                      10G planted

Comment

Customer return at the store. she said the filter wasnt working and the light was flickering (she had an incadescent in it (thats what fixture they come with) and its almost burnt out thats all. plus the fliter was slowing downcus it was clogged thats all. as a return for damaged it usaully has to be destroyed at my work but since it was a customer return and i couldnt be at fault i could buy it so they get something back. everybody is happy especially me. it doesnt happen very often, last deal i got like thatwas a 20 long that (supposedly) needs resealing i havent even tried it out to see if it does, i am betting the customer just overfille it and saw water running down the edge and even if it does i have a few that need it and one tube of silicone is like 3 bucks. take care of all the tanks at once.
                        Never fear I is here
                        David Abeles
                        Vice President

Comment

hmmm maybe i do the 6 as a planted with girlfriends guppies and dwarf frog and use that as a cherry shrimp tank too. and then i can feed baby shrimp to the dwarf puffers as a treat every once in a while along with snails. oh the possibilities.
                          Never fear I is here
                          David Abeles
                          Vice President

Comment

aquariums are so much fun!  Well, I hear my daughter crying so it's off to mommy-town. :)
                            58G Malawis
                            10G planted

Comment

oh i added a new light to my 29 planted (a 65 watt compact) and oh my god how the plants love me now. i have had some crypt sprigs that have been just stable for like 6 months and 2 days of that light and they have new leaves forming. i love it. plus i identified that small forground crypt in my 60 its called Parva, its the smalest of the crypts plants, and guess what needs a lot of light , but hey its cool but it doesnt grow too quick. maybe if i put it in a shorter tank with more light it grow faster. but i like it in that tank and it has doubled in its leaves.
                              Never fear I is here
                              David Abeles
                              Vice President

Comment

Working...
                              X