Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vampire moulting question and where to find shrimp!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vampire moulting question and where to find shrimp!

Anyone here have experience with Vampire shrimp?  I have 3 of them and when one moulted a week ago, it's like he didn't any of his (what I call) feather duster fingers.  I worried about him because he had no way to eat and seemed about to pass on for the first day afterwards.  He now has his feather dusters and seems just fine.  Another one moulted just day before yesterday but he seemed to have his feathers immediately.  Just wondering if anyone had experienced this before, and could let me know if all was OK or not.

Next question - Does anyone know of a place (preferably closest to the NE side) that may have a good choice of shrimp?  I've got some (teeny tiny) cherry reds, but only about 6.    I've got 2 bee shrimp (crystal reds or ninja's - arent' these all the same thing?)  but they're so small I almost never see them.  So I'm looking to add to what I've got hoping to have a nice full crew to keep my baby guppies company.  I just haven't seen anyplace around Houston with much selection when it comes to inverts (besides ghosts).  I've ordered online, but the survival rate isn't good, and shipping a bit cost prohibitive.
    The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
    Who says you can`t have it all??!!
Working...
X