Seller's Breach on Aquabid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seller's Breach on Aquabid

Has this happened to you? A person on DFB won a fish on AB, the seller said that the fish was worth more than that and that he wouldn't sell it to the winner. The seller said "he just flat out said he doesn't care if I filed a complaint to Aquabid 'cause they aren't going do nothing." according to the winner. The winner reported it. AB is doing nothing about it, and the fish is back up on AB.

Does this happen all the time? If so that's ridiculous!! Would anybody be willing to send a nastygram to AquaBid if we get the seller's name and the actual fish that's back up for bid? I don't think things like this should slide. If the seller wanted more for the fish, he should have put a reserve!

Ellen

Re: Seller's Breach on Aquabid

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...orn&1164333889 Here's the fish - posted again with no reserve.

The seller's name is Redtexasfh.

I'm going to go write an email to AquaBid...

Ellen

Comment

I agree. The seller has definately breached the contract and should be held accountable. If I were the purchaser, I would file a complaint with the better business bureau -- reporting both the seller and aquabid for their failure to uphold their legal obligations.

Or, get this, we could get Marvin Zimler (ABC news) involved!  JK!
      Bacteria: the only culture some people have

Comment

LOL! Does Marvin travel? He could go to Arlington and knock on this guy's door! LOL

Seriously, I just sent a note to AquaBid's customer service dept. which is exactly where they don't want to hear about things like this. If cust. serv. gets many notes today, they might take action against this guy. Even if it's just banning him, it would be a step in the right direction.

Anybody reading, please send a note today if you have time!

Ellen

Comment

if he didnt want to sell so cheap he shouldnt have started the bid so cheap.

noticed he has a reserve now, and from all my bidding there and egay the seller has a right to refuse sale if it doesnt meet the reserve price set.
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I also agree that this type of behavior is unacceptable... unfortunately, however, Redtexasfh may be right.  If you read the 'Breach of Sale' policy you'll see that the only action AquaBid will take is to mark the seller's record "accordingly."  The policy goes on to explain that it will be necessary for the buyer to use third-party arbitration and that AquaBid "does not involve itself directly in either disputes or arbitration between users, as stated in the User Agreement."  So it sounds like, basically, they won't do anything.  And I imagine that very few people will go through the trouble and/or expense of arbitration... it's just easier to buy somewhere else.  Kinda sad.

Comment

You're right, ek, there is a reserve now. There wasn't earlier. At least that got fixed...

It is sad, but that's also one of the reasons I've never used it for fish. I set up an account to buy my mom some plants once, but even then I'd already contacted the seller. Buyer beware big time at that place!!

Ellen

Comment

Reporting the seller to AB may help get him/her banned.  But if AB is anything like Ebay, all the seller needs is another email address and possibly a different CC to start all over again under a new ID.  With the small number of feedbacks the seller has it wouldn't make any difference to start all over under another ID.  The  ability to have multiple id's is just a matter of fact with online auctions.  I know I have a specific id for selling, one for buying regular items and about this time of year I will set up another new id for buying Xmas presents.  I set up a new Xmas id each year just in case someone found out what the one was for the previous year  :evil:
                Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

Originally posted by szidlon";p="
                  I set up a new Xmas id each year just in case someone found out what the one was for the previous year  :evil:
                  Sneaky!!

I figured that was how it was, just needing a new email addy and all. I just want for this DFBer to have some justice! That fish should be his. I'm happy that he has put a reserve price. At least this time he won't be misleading another bidder.....

Ellen

Comment

AB has very little protection for buyers or sellers and the supensions (when they are given) are very short. All that said it still works if everyone is honest and handles things correctly, unfortunately there are always people who value money more than their integrity. I have over the years made exactly two purchases on AB, and both were very dissapointing. When I do buy fish, I buy them from a breeder I either know, or who others that I have confidence in reccommend. Even then I alway use isolation tanks and qt the fish for several weeks before bringing them into my common hatchery area. Using common sense is a good protection for your fish and your pocket book.
                    GIVE NONE, TAKE NONE - BE FREE, HAVE FUN

Comment

One of my first purchases on AB was a dissapointment - the fish shipped was not the fish in the picture.  However, since then I have made over 2 dozen purchases and been happy with each of them.
                      'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                      He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

So what does Aquabid put into all this auction? What do they get out of it? Why blame them for the actions of the buyers and sellers?

max

Comment

The problem is the seller has little experience. I did not see it. Did it happen something like this:

1. He offered the fish for $70 with no reserve.

2. Two guys that had been selling the same kind of fish got together and bid $1, then $2, and then $3, until some new buyer steped up and bid $4.

3. Those two guys walked off laughing?

max

Comment

If somebody were to make an email address on yahoo, then register to bid on his fish. Then actually bid on his fish upto $1000 or something like that.
                            Well you wouldnt have any intention of actually buying the fish, but it'll mean he'll have to complain to the same people that his buyer complained to, he'll probably get the same response his buyer got, and he'll end up having to start the auction all over again.

Thats what id do to get back at him.

Comment

thats always amusing. have you seen the ps3 bidding on ebay?

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Frankli
                              n

Comment

Working...
                              X