Ethnic Food?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ethnic Food?

actually yes i am. i was wondering how you would have guessed, forgot about my avatar.

you know the flag - how come? most people wouldnt have had a clue.

a lot of american people think the union jack is the flag of England. i've stopped correcting them.

Re: Help me identify this fish....

Well here's a clue Russ...GB!!! I am a Brit...well English! Follow my link below..my side business is being the biggest Scalextric shop in town!

Came over here 10 years ago...then met my wife, and now married with two kids, dogs, fish etc!
    Russ

My other hobby?Vroom![b]

Comment

I used to have a scalextric set when i was younger. I didnt even know they still made them, let alone had races and competitions.
      Do they make a model of the Pagani Zonda. They're releasing the Zonda in the USA next year.
      I didnt even think about the GB in your screenname. Where in England?

Wow this has gotten offtopic, well it was your post originally so i dont think anybody would mind.

chris
      Originally near Cardiff

Comment

Yeah Scalextric is huge in Europe right now, and growing here. I have been collecting since I was a kid, and I now have about 1000 cars!

No Zonda yet. Funnily enough  there is a Pagani dealer near where my dad lives. I am from about 40 miles West of London, on the Bucks/Oxon border.

Oh well...good to meet you Chris!

Russ.
        Russ

My other hobby?Vroom![b]

Comment

yes its always good to meet someone from back home. i havent been back in nearly two years.
          love the gas prices in the US tho, and they think theyre paying a lot

Comment

Amen to that!

I try to go back every year...Can't get everything I need on the ethnic aisle of Kroger! I went back in November last year cos my dad got knighted...bit of a big do for that! I came back with the 1 Kg tub of marmite and 2lbs of jelly babies!

But back home you have to put a heater in an aquarium! I bought one for my 150g and it never went on...I took it out, and none of my tanks have been heated ever since. Selling heaters here is a bit like me having heated seats in my car!
            Russ

My other hobby?Vroom![b]

Comment

Have you seen www.britsusa.com ? They have both marmite and jelly babies (yes I had to look them both up  :wink:  - you two peaked my curiosity!!)

Ellen

Comment

marmite is disgusting, Uncel bens curry is what ive been looking for.
                i found the pataks curry in HEB, but not the uncle bens brand.
                And i dont drink lager/beer and they dont sell cider over here(not the right type of cider anyway) so ive been sober for almost two years.

Back home i didnt ever have to treat the water for chlorine/chlorimine.
                As for heaters in Texas, i do use them because i keep the AC on 60.

Thanks Ellen, im going to take a look at that site, i seen one before but you had to order a lot of stuff at one time for the postage cost to worth paying.

chris

Comment

Originally posted by Ellen";p="
                  Have you seen www.britsusa.com ? They have both marmite and jelly babies (yes I had to look them both up  :wink:  - you two peaked my curiosity!!)
                  Blimey! Thanks for the link Ellen! Well they have everything (Twiglets..mmmmm) but its expensive! $6 for 4.4oz of Marmite! Thats a lot more than Kroger.  Trust me, to sample a fair selection of Brit food, just go to Kroger, Ethnic aisle, nearest the booze. Just buy a tube of chocolate Hob Nobs....bet you'll love em!

Chris..I am deeply saddened that you don't like Marmite.   My wife (local girl) can't even bear the smell of it. But as for cider, she loves it. My Mum lives in Cornwall now, so my access to real scrumpy is good when she comes here or I go back. But I noticed that Specs now has proper cider (i.e. booze not juice), and they have Stella Artois which with Kronenburg 1664 are my two fav's.

60'F I would be hypothermic! I like it hot. House is 75 in the day 72 at night. With lights and filters my tank is about 77 late in the day and 75.5 first thing in the morning. Water back home was hard, and chlorine and flourine laden. So we filled buckets and buckets to do water changes, letting the water stand for a days or so prior. Here I have a softener, and most of the time the water comes out of the tap at about 75'.
                  Russ

My other hobby?Vroom![b]

Comment

Im going to go to Kroger tonight i think, which type of cider does specs sell?
                    i dont like scrumpy jacks, but olde english or strongbow will do.

WHAT ABOUT MY UNCLE BENS CURRY!!!!!
                    Does anybody know where thats sold??

chris

hmmmm...HobNobs...The best tea dunkers..

Comment

Ok, Chris this is goiing to p155 you off. I just went to HEB near my son's school (Dairy Ashford and Memorial I think). I saw a cart with a sign saying discontinued lines. I picked up a 4 pack of ...STRONGBOW! Also Jelly babies and Jaffa cakes!
                      Russ

My other hobby?Vroom![b]

Comment

Forgot to say...25% off!!!
                        Russ

My other hobby?Vroom![b]

Comment

well i'll be going to the HEB in kingwood tomorrow, hopefully they'll have the same special there.

Jaffa cakes and jelly babies are ok, but we need curly wurly bars and fudge bars. and prawn cocktail crisps, sausage in batter, faggots and peas(that always confuses people when you tell them we eat faggots, and some people smoke fags)

i did have my inlaws believing we ate cats and dogs, but i love chinese food so we probably have.

Comment

They had curly wurly's in either Kroger or HEB last year...you never know what it is you'll find....

Now stuff like saus in batter (we call those saveloys where i grew up), and the individual beef and onion pies, and real bacon (with, like, MEAT in it)....and proper tea! that's the stuff!
                            Russ

My other hobby?Vroom![b]

Comment

yeah it seems like overhere you get a strip of fat, normally overcooked, and if your lucky you get a 2mm strip of meat on one side.

i wasnt that fond of beef and onion pies, but walmart sells all sorts of pies for like 44cents each.

Comment

Working...
                              X