help!! frontosa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help!! frontosa

i got 7 new frontosa between 3-6inches .... all my smaller frontosa will eat but i have like 3 big frontosa that won't eat and it's been about a week ????
    been feeding spectrum pellets ,bloodworms , and  shrimp pellets but i never seem to see my big frontosa eat???i've had them for about week now????
    Are they just in shock for being in new place???

Re: help!! frontosa

what size tank are they in?
    what temp is the water?
    what other fish do you have with them?
    what type are they?

warmer temps increase their metabolism so they want to eat more, i have my water about 78deg

the smaller the tank the easier for water quality to decrease.

if there are fish that move around too much or too fast it could be stressing them out.

some types are more picky then others.

try feeding with the lights off cause frontosas do come from the deep parts of the lake and being transferred into your tank it could have stressed them out pretty bad depending on you water parameters and acclimating.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I agree that more info is needed (tank size, tankmates, etc.).  

If it has only been a week don't stress out yet.  Give them time and I'm sure once they settle in and get hungry enought they will line up at the dinner table with the rest of your cyphos.
      Join us at
      http://www.allworldcichlids.com/

Comment

Have you tried testing your pH? Fronts don't like to eat anything if the aquarium pH is too low. Makign sure it is at least 8.14. Why don't you try to post a few pictures for us. Hey, a picture worth a thousand words...

Comment

im guessing these are tankraised fish so ph isnt that much of a factor, it does have to be somewhat on the higher side but im guessing anywhere from 7.5-9.0 would be good. consistency is key
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
          X