X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pics of tropheus Ilangi

I hope you like these.

Re: pics of tropheus Ilangi

those are beautiful!!! why does the few have their fins up? i have never seen any trophs with their fins up.

where did you get these from and are they breeding for you, have fry? i have a good deal on a 75g that i have been wondering what to put in it and i think i have found it.  
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

thanks, eklikewhoa.

That is the dominant  fish with it's fin up showing off for the ladies. He wants to breed. One female is holding. But I will have to kill the fry when she spits. I had them in another tank with my moops and I think she might have bred with one of my moops. Since there is no way to know for sure, I will most likely kill them. If another female spits during the same time, then I won't kill them. I'll have to grow them out to make sure I don't destroy the real thing.

I bought these fish from Alex at Ultimate Fish. They are wild caughts. He only had seven and I bought them all. However, I now only have six. I lost one of them.

A 75 gallon tank is perfect for a colony of tropheus. But try to buy a minimum of 15 so that you start out with a good size colony. I hope you get into tropheus. You'll be grateful that you did.

Comment

if you get some good fry and dont have room for them please let me know, i like raising fry over buying full grown and would rather do so.

i agree with letting go of the fry that you are not sure of origin, either never get rid of them if they do grow or dont let them grow.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

yeah, there is only way to know for sure and that is to grow them out. But if no one else breeds, I'll just go ahead and destroy them and start over. But I know that I won't have any fry for sale for a long time. That is because I am going to keep the fry so I can increase my colony.

Comment

Those are beautiful! Your pictures and Geoff's pictures make me want to convert my 200 to a tropheus tank... it is so mush easier to find good tropheus than good cyps (resisting temptation )
            Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
            Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
            Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
            Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

thanks, armthehomeless. I think you should give into temptation and setup that 200 gallon tropheus tank.  That will make a very nice display. Also, IMO, the cyps will make nice tank mates. Geoff and I both breed our tropheus and we feed NLS pellets. I feed that exclusively and Geoff adds flake food from time to time. So don't worry about the diet. :)

Comment

hey jolley,

do you have anymore pictures of your ilangis? i am getting my 90g next week so hopefully before or by xmas i will have my own colony going but i wanted to see some pictures while i wait  have any full tank shots?

have yours bred for you yet? any advice on keeping them or what they like? i plan to feed mine NLS to simplify things a little and from what i have gathered it works. i have been trying to gather as much info as i can about trophs and even read through the 50 something pages over at cichlid-forum but any other word of advice is appreciated.
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                X