Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back from Satellite Beach, FL - what fish did I see?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from Satellite Beach, FL - what fish did I see?

We stayed at a house on a canal that connected to the Atlantic, and boated in and out. Pretty cool! 2 Bedroom, 2 bath boat! 3 TV's, full kitchen and plenty of adult beverages. I've never been on a boat like that.  8O

Saw the Shuttle launch from 14 miles off in the water.    Got as close as the Coast Guards would let us.

Sitting on their dock looking into the water I saw schools of little fish that kinda looked like guppies. Got a net and scooped a few out to take a closer look. They didn't have the fancy tails, so they must have been either Mosquito fish or maybe platys? They were livebearers for sure.

I also saw, at their dock, a striped chichlid, a sea turtle (loggerhead I think) and a manatee. There were also some kind of fish that flew up from the water randomly. Not sure if they were being nipped by something larger or if they just did that. If I lived there I would be in fishy heaven!

Now it's back to work! I only lost 2 fish while I was gone, so my daughter did good!  :wink:

Re: Back from Satellite Beach, FL - what fish did I see?

That sounds really cool. I haven't done any cool traveling :(

Comment

Sounds like a nice little vacation. Watching the shuttle launch in person, way cool.
      What? No home movies.....bummer.....

CF
      Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

the fish that you saw flying up from the water randomly were prolly mullet.. just like here in galveston.  good baitfish.

Comment

Working...
        X