new zebra tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new zebra tank

after getting too far into planting the other tank i now do not feel comfortable putting the zebras in the planted tank so taking advantage of the petco sale i went and got a 20L for them.

the zebras should either be here this coming weekend if possible but if not they will be here the two weekends after that.  :dance:

20L aga
    malaysian driftwood
    black and white sand mized together 2:1 ratio black being 2
    caves from aquabid
    eheim 2213
    acura 100w heater
    soon to add a powerhead up front.

the tank has cycled and are housing emperor tetras right now
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Re: new zebra tank

I really like those pieces of wood.  Do you have your caves sitting on top of another piece of slate or is that the way they are made?  Hopefully I'll be needing some one of these day.
    Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

the caves are sitting on top of the sand and the slate is in front at the door.
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

i like the new tank. is the plan for the other just a super cool planted tank now? and i second the cool wood comment.
        Never fear I is here
        David Abeles
        Vice President
        Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

i really like the drift wood

Comment

the other tank is full blown plant tank now and im thinking swapping it out for something bigger and going pressurized co2.

thanks for the comments on the driftwood, it took an hour to dig them out and with lots of critism from my fiancee before we finally decided.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Wow, I like that that wood and your square-ish cave!

Comment

thanks hfb, from what i have researched over at zebrapleco.com there are a lot of breeders having really good luck with similar caves so i went ahead and picked me up some.

i plan to add some slate to the mix for the females to hide near the caves later this week and i plan to have the zebras two weeks from now. hopefully everything goes well and i will be updating this thread with pictures of actual zebras. i think i have been a bit nervous about them and prolonging the wait just in case but now i am set on it.
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Wow, exciting! The new tank looks great, and to echo everyone else, good job on the driftwood! Can't wait to see the zebras!
                  "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Yeah that is very cool tank. excellent set up for plecos. Good luck with your zebras. They are very nice fish.
                    Plecos:
                    L083 (Gibby)
                    L104 (Clown)
                    L147 (Peckoltia sp.)
                    L155 (A. Hystrix)
                    L310 (Red Fin Bruno)
                    LDA72 (BN)
                    LDA76 (False Zebra)
                    Rineloricaria parva (whiptail)
                    Rineloricaria lancelota

Comment

thanks for all the comments but most of the credit goes to my fiance.

somehow she managed to sort through a tank full of clown loaches and glance over once and awhile to tell me what she thought about the piece of driftwood i picked up from the pile and help decide on the better looking ones.   :eh:
                      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

my plecos are coming this week!!:dance:

i have two coming from this group here and the others will be coming from another breeder in the following week

700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

here are pictures of the others that i will be getting the following week.

700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Are anyone of these coming from the guy I told you about?

Comment

Originally posted by Jose";p="
                              Are anyone of these coming from the guy I told you about?
                              The guy you are referring to is lonnie and the way he sells them so cheap is because they are small, also he has raised the price on them along with a backorder list. I contacted him awhile back and spoke with him today actually. I will be getting some from him but the two batches pictured above aren't from him.

He will be the third strain I introduce to my little colony in hopes of maybe 2 colonies consisting of three different bloodlines.

I think I'm getting ahead of myself now but I'm just sooo excited! Hopefully by the end of next week I will be the happy owner of 7 zebra babies!
                              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                              X