Sept Swap N Sell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sept Swap N Sell

The Sept Swap N Sell will be held on Saturday the 16th. Among the items for sale this time will be some custom driftwood from a local supplier, the first entries in our breeder program (Red Empress, Electric Blue, Sunshine Peacocks, Chipoka Peacocks, and some Rainbow Platties), and of course, lots and lots of plants.
    As usual setup will begin at 8:00AM with the auction for the breeder submissions at noon. There will be plenty of tank space available for those of you who wish to display your wares in a tank. I look forward to seeing all of you soon!
    Consider my posts as general information based on personal experiences, and in most cases, far oversimplified. Actual mileage may vary. Don't try this at home. If symptoms persist, contact your physician.

Re: Sept Swap N Sell

I missed the meeting.... been sooo busy with the painting of my car....sorry scott...BUT TODAY EVERYTHING PAYS OFF !!! Its painting day...yay, i get to finally spray after all this hard work..hehe.
    Resident BUM !!!

Comment

I'm a newbee to forum, where is it held.
      Thanks  

Comment

how far is huffman from houston
        Michael
        Clear Lake, TX

Comment

its a bit of a drive but it is more then worth it. the swaps are a blast.
          Never fear I is here
          David Abeles
          Vice President
          Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

sounds interesting, might make the trip.  It would be beneficial if I knew what ppl sold ahead of time so I could make sure the trip is worth it.

What are some general price ranges for Cichlids?

And are there like a large amount of sellers? (not justl ike 5 ppl with some tanks)

thanks!
            Michael
            Clear Lake, TX

Comment

I am excited to see what all will be there.  Must grab honey and make the trip out.  
              Here fishy fishy!

Comment

The numbers and the selection vary with each event. At any particular event you can be sure to find a large ammount of plants, a small assortment of accessories, and a moderate selection of fish. Personally, I always have several cichlid species at these events, and have come across a couple really nice finds.
                The Swap N Sell events are nothing by comparison with HAS events, but then, they were never meant to be. We host these on a mostly monthly basis, with the emphasis more on visitation than on making the super sale. However, that doesn't seem to stop people from bringing some reasonably priced items, finding others, and in spite of it all, having a good time.
                At this Swap N Sell there will be some species up for auction that were submitted to the breeder program, among those are some Red Empress, Sunshine, Chipoka, Electric Blue, and some Rainbow Platties. Along with everything else that will be brought, there should be a little of something for everyone.
                Consider my posts as general information based on personal experiences, and in most cases, far oversimplified. Actual mileage may vary. Don't try this at home. If symptoms persist, contact your physician.

Comment

Hey Scott, is this still on? I haven't seen a calendar item come through.

Comment

Hm, don't know what happened to it, I posted it up back on the 2nd. Yes, we are still on.

Comment

Don't know if your event is set in stone, but are you aware there's a big show and auction in Dallas that same weekend? Might not affect you, but just wanted to make sure you're aware.
                      --Charles
                      Charles Jones
                      http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dems-i...unders-intent/

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
                      Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

Yeah, not to worried about the Dallas thing. Our turnouts are pretty small anyway, and consist mainly of locals.

Comment

I hope everyone is planning on bringing some interesting plants. I'll have more Christmas moss, Corkscrew vals, and Bronze Crypts.

I'd love to get a Red Ozelot Sword, some Aponogeton Capuronii or Aponogeton Crispus. Of course I'll have to get another tank or two pretty soon.

Jerry
                          75gal heavy planted tank
                          pea gravel on soil substrate
                          DIY CO2
                          3 zebra botias, 9 glowlights, 2 yoyo loachs, wild guppies

55gal planted
                          same substrate
                          DIY CO2
                          1 gold, 1 zebra, 4 koi, 2 dark zebra angels, ghost & amano shrimp

Comment

I have the same hopes! I'll be bringing some bolbitis, but unfortunately not as much as I would have liked. I think it took some time for it to get used to the new PC lighting over the tank. So now, it's really growing, but it just started shooting out last week or so. But I'll bring as much as I can. I'll probably have some crypts, too, don't know what kind as I bought them about 4 years ago (well, the parents, of course) and some varieties of guppy grass / najas. Hornwort, too, if Jim still wants some.  :)
                            "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

How was or is the Swap going?  I tried to get off work to go, but you know how that goes.  Scott, you are killing me.  I work every fourth weekend and the Swap happens to fall on those weekends...LOL.  

I hope everyone had fun.  

Scott, are you trying to talk Mike into moving Sunny's closer to Huffman?  LOL

Raul
                              Raul
                              PokerFace

Comment

Working...
                              X