Busy Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Busy Weekend

I just noticed that this weekend will be a busy one. There's an event scheduled for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. cool. I'll be going to the auction and the meeting.

Re: Busy Weekend

I'll be at the auction. I've never been to one, I'm excited!
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

The HAS auction should be a lot of fun, I really enjoyed the spring auction.
      The hall there puts on a pretty good feed too, their steak dinner is very reasonably priced and was done well, so my wife will not have to fix any supper or wash any dishes at the end of the auction.
      GIVE NONE, TAKE NONE - BE FREE, HAVE FUN

Comment

How long does it usually last?
        "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

You stole that question right out of my hands!! Also (this may be dumb) is it just fresh, cause if I can get out of something on Sunday, I'm going to try to drag along my salty friend. It'll be easier if she can get something out of it also. :)

Ellen

Comment

If I remember correctly, the spring auction lasted until 7pm or so.  I don't know if they usually last that long or not, as it was my first time attending.  

I would highly recommend trying to drop by if you can.

Oh, and I don't think I saw any salt fish, but there may have been a few accessories.
            Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

I'll be there! But feel free to purchase all the Calvus you want, as I wont be looking for one this time.  
              I think they got a late start last time cause they coudnt get in the bldg. I would say 6ish is a good guess.
              2 75s, 125,55,25 and 14 gallon tank

Comment

I am afraid I will be skipping this auction, as mentioned, this is a full weekend already. The auctions typically last to between 6 and 7pm, I have yet to get out of one before 6:30 or so by the time you pay for your goodies and get em loaded in the Uhaul.
                Consider my posts as general information based on personal experiences, and in most cases, far oversimplified. Actual mileage may vary. Don't try this at home. If symptoms persist, contact your physician.

Comment

So, there won't be any cool hats there this time?   :wink:
                  Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

Would it be worth coming if I can't make it to the HAS until 4pm or so?
                    Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
                    Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
                    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
                    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

I would say yes. There's usually pretty good stuff all the way to the end.

Comment

okay...i'll be there then!
                        Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
                        Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
                        Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
                        Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

see ya'll there. I should not be too hard to spot, I usually am wearing overalls at things like this, not to mention the greay beard.
                          GIVE NONE, TAKE NONE - BE FREE, HAVE FUN

Comment

Well the last auction was about the same size as the previous 3 even though there was less notice about time and location.

Seems like they always last all day so it's nice to be able to get a steak and a beer without leaving and missing that one special item.

Usually has had lots of sick-lids, lots of holy rock, lots of used equipment, and a little bit of everything else.

Usually prices start of at wholesale or a little higer but by the end of the auction everyone is running out of money and room in their car so the prices are very low.  With the exception of plants & Discus which seemed to hold their value to the very end.
                            'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                            He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

I will be wearing my Betta Cowboy hat -  

Make yourself a fish hat and wear a name tag and say HOWDY when you check in.
                              'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                              He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Working...
                              X