Cloudy eye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloudy eye

This appeared 2 days ago on one of my female bluefin killifish. It's already getting better, the eye is not as swollen, but I haven't ever seen this on my fish. Does anyone know what it could be? Is it possible that she injured her eye and this is the reaction? I have 8 other killies in the 40g with her, and for the past month or so they've been spawning like crazy. Maybe she got a little too rowdy? I'm just wondering if anything should be done. Thanks!
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Re: Cloudy eye

well if it is already going away i would just leave it be. melafix is a wonderful broad spectrum treatment but if its improving on its own i wouldnt stress the tank out by treating it (maybe if you had a hospital tank already set up it would be a different story) but i would just keep a close eye on all the others and make sure it hasnt spread and that it doesnt come back again.
    Never fear I is here
    David Abeles
    Vice President
    Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

my clown loaches had that and think its because they keep forcing themselves into holes where they dont fit.

i did water 20-30% changes like everyday and they got better.
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Thanks, guys. When I got home yesterday, it looked even better. I think when I get home today it will be almost gone, so that's good! Good to know that none of you think it's anything too serious, and good for my fish! Thanks again.

Comment

I got a few fish from someone else and they appear to have the samething. How can I treat this. I dont have a seperate hospital tank and unfortunately I am treating for ick right now. Talk about luck. I want to get my tank back to 100%. After treating for ick, I was going to do a water change, change my filter back to carbon, and then add bacteria in a bottle. Should I treat for cloudy eye after ick and before I go doing a water change etc. Or can I treat at the same time as ick?
          Live Fast, Die Young, Leave A Good Looking Corpse!

Been in hobby since March 2006

Comment

When I treat ich I do water changes right before every treatment and water changes is what helped my loaches with cloudy eye.

If that doesn't work after the ich treatment then try melafix.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Is there any way you can show us some pictures of the fish?  The swollen eye on my fish was completely back to normal on the third day, so I think it was just some kind of injury, not necessarily anything to really treat. Pictures would help a great deal.

Comment

I will try to get some on tonight. THanks
                Live Fast, Die Young, Leave A Good Looking Corpse!

Been in hobby since March 2006

Comment

Working...
                X