German Blue Rams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German Blue Rams

I really like how my rams are coloring. What a beautiful fish. From what I read they are not a very hardy fish, but I would like to suggest these fish to anyone who has a discus tank. Great personality.
    Smokin_Cache
    Planning a new 150+ tank. Any suggestions?
    Lets see what the imagination fruits.
    Check out my last tank

Re: German Blue Rams

Uh huh...see those are the fish I want in my discus tank....but I cant seem to find them anywhere. I was told they don't do so well being shipped so some lfs get sick or dying fish. Maybe Ill hold off until I get my 75 gallon set up. Thats going to be a discus tank, and Ill have more room for other fish.

Rams really are too cute, and I love their colors.

Comment

Village Tropical had some really nice ones a while back.  I don't know how often they have them, but it's worth a phone call to ask.  713 524-0173
      Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

Fish ranch had a few when I was there the other day.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Megan's had them this past weekend.
          There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

They had some long finned german blue rams at Fish-R-Fun off of Eldridgw. very nice, i would have bought one but i have two close to the old age of 2.
            Plecos:
            L083 (Gibby)
            L104 (Clown)
            L147 (Peckoltia sp.)
            L155 (A. Hystrix)
            L310 (Red Fin Bruno)
            LDA72 (BN)
            LDA76 (False Zebra)
            Rineloricaria parva (whiptail)
            Rineloricaria lancelota

Comment

Where is fish r fun on eldridge?
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Fish Land at Synott and Westheimer has a 75 gallon full of them right now. Go get 'em.

Comment

Im in the market for some nice German Rams myself. Are the Fishland stock from SE Asia and pumped with hormones? A lot of the stock arriving in Houston lately are pumped with hormones.

I was in Village last night and they didnt have any rams in stock.

May I suggest if you find some at a lfs, ask how long they have had them. LFS have large die offs the first few days after they arrive. If you buy them too soon after they arrive, they possibly wont last long.

Comment

stopped by fish ranchII today and they had a few really good looking ones. if i remember correctly they have been there for some time now.
                    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Fish R Fun
                      13150 Fm 529 Rd Ste 107, Houston, TX, United States
                      Phone: 281.493.0743
                      Plecos:
                      L083 (Gibby)
                      L104 (Clown)
                      L147 (Peckoltia sp.)
                      L155 (A. Hystrix)
                      L310 (Red Fin Bruno)
                      LDA72 (BN)
                      LDA76 (False Zebra)
                      Rineloricaria parva (whiptail)
                      Rineloricaria lancelota

Comment

Picked up 2 good lookng German Rams at Fish R Fun. This is the same store that used to be at Westheimer and Hwy 6 when Mike from Fish Ranch owned it. Ben is new owner...he moved the store to present location. Prices are reasonable. ..nice guy.

Rams are in pretty good shape. He keeps them at 7.0 PH. Long Fin variety. Mostly males.  May have found a shorter fin female in bunch. We'll see how they do.

Comment

how is fish r fun? lost of selection on different types of fish? healthy looking fish?
                          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

went by Fish Land today and all the rams were gone. The price was still on the tank and they went for $4.99 each. That sounds real cheap to me. I'm not sure which kind they were, I only do tropheus and petros. I can say they were the popular, colorful ones that I see people posting pictures of proudly. Just wanted to let you know that he is out so you aren't disappointed if you decide to take a trip over there.

Comment

Fish R Fun looks like a neighborhood LFS. Fish looked good. I spent my time with Rams primarily and they looked good after one week. Good size too.One side of store is is Africans, but Im not into them so I didnt spend anytime.

But he appears  well stocked..all tanks I spent time with were full.

Comment

Working...
                              X