Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guppys attacking bubble eye goldfish ??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guppys attacking bubble eye goldfish ??????

I have a customer who asked if they could put guppys with 1-2 inch calico bubble eye goldfish... I said "OF COURSE !! "... Well the next day she came back and was telling me that the guppy was attacking the bubble eye and popping the eyes of the goldfish... is this possible?? or normal behavior??? Or was I just wrong by telling the customer that they can put the two together....?? or is this an isolated incident. i would like to know so that i would not misinform other customers...i really dont think its like cichlids where sometimes you can and sometimes you cant depending on enviroment...maybe she just got a pissed off guppy???
    Resident BUM !!!

Re: Guppys attacking bubble eye goldfish ??????

In my opinion, goldfish should be kept with goldfish, period. Especially the poor deformed kinds (telescopes, bubble eyes, etc.) because they are not made to hang around with fish that can actually swim. They are slow and not made to defend themselves. They also are bothered, unable to feed quickly and easily, and tend to be picked on. Also, their temperature requirements are different from tropicals and, being carp, they are messy messy fish.

Ellen

Comment

Re: Guppys attacking bubble eye goldfish ??????

Goldfish and guppies are not a good combo. As I stated earlier, goldfish are coldwater fish.

Comment

Working...
      X