Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What other fishes go well with African Cichlids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What other fishes go well with African Cichlids?

Hi,
    I just set up a 110 gal tank with African Sichlids who hides all the time and it's annoying my wife since she can't enjoy them.  Are there other fishes that I can put in the tank with these Sichlids that don't hide yet not be hunted down by them?

Thanks,

Re: What other fishes go well with African Cichlids?

Did you ever find out which types? What are the decorations in the tank? Has the tank cycled yet?
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

several kinds of catfish do extremely well with africans. but more importantly why are they hiding, how many of what kind and size do you have in the aquarium. and do you have one that is significantly larger then the others. this might explain the hiding. africans tend to be fairly mobile in and out of their cover unless the tank is too empty and then they can hide a lot more or if there is one that is particularly more aggressive or larger.
      Never fear I is here
      David Abeles
      Vice President
      Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

Also, how many of each species do u have?

Comment

Oh, I see a bandwagon, let me jump on! With Africans, you are running a large spectrum of personality traits. You can have everything from hyper aggressive to extremely docile. We need to know what you have now, what type of cover is available in the tank, and how you invision the tank when you finish with it. With those 3 things in mind, you will find that with Africans, your choices are pretty limitless, its all just a matter of achieving the right balance.
          Consider my posts as general information based on personal experiences, and in most cases, far oversimplified. Actual mileage may vary. Don't try this at home. If symptoms persist, contact your physician.

Comment

Thanks everyone.  I will try to post some pictures up and hopefully have them identified.

Comment

Your tank may not be ready for all the fish. How long has it been running? Have you checked your water parameters (alkalinity, nitrites and ammonia)?

Comment

Working...
              X