This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to get rid of 2 bandtail tetras

I was going to take these 2 back to Village, but didn't because one of them nipped the tail of the other one. So I got some Metafix (?) and it is growing back, but they are very unhappy in the little tank I have them in. It's a 2.5g.  

They didn't work out in my community tank, because they were just too large. They started chasing the little ones, and when I put the guppies in they, or maybe just one, went to town on the fantails. I think they would be better off if there were more of them, but I am focusing on smaller fish, and these guys can get up to over 3".

Here is the only link I can find about them that has a photo:

If someone would like to have them, they are yours. I live close to 290 & 610. Let me know. I don't want them to suffer, and I certainly don't want to flush them.

Re: Need to get rid of 2 bandtail tetras

Wish I could take them, but no room.    But, if you don't have any takers in the next week or so, why not consider bringing them to the next LHA swap and sell? I had a great time at the last one!
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

I would love to go, but that is so far out and I don't think my DH will go for that. He already thinks I've become too obsessed with the whole aquarium/fish thing.

BTW - the anachris (?) you brought is growing like crazy. Some of it has just randomly rooted, and I had to trim one of the ones back in the corner, and replanted the shoot next to it. The vals looks a bit raggedy, so I bought some Plant-gro to add to the water. The moss kept floating away, but I finally think I have it secure.

Anyway I just hope these guys survive the little tank. They really are pretty and fun to watch.

Comment

They seem to be calming a bit in the little tank, but they are still looking for a new home!  8)

Comment

Working...
        X